Windows 10: How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

Discus and support How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i had recently updated my windows 10 to the later version and have noticed that changing my brightness happens without transition. Before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shreyanshsoni_911, Sep 22, 2019.

1. How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

Hi, i had recently updated my windows 10 to the later version and have noticed that changing my brightness happens without transition. Before the update, there used to be a transition effect when changing brightness which dowsnthappen now. Pls help

my laptop is an ASUS S550CM

Windows 10 (May 2019 Update)

:)

Shreyanshsoni_911, Sep 22, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

1. How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop - Similar Threads - brightness changing smooth

2. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my brightness?: I know this sound stupid, but i really can't find the brightness change button which is usually under display in the settings, i only see the night light setting. The picture below is my settings page.Is there a setting i have to change before setting the brightness or is...
  3. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my brightness?: I know this sound stupid, but i really can't find the brightness change button which is usually under display in the settings, i only see the night light setting. The picture below is my settings page.Is there a setting i have to change before setting the brightness or is...
  4. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?: So I've had my laptop (Windows 10) about 6 months and have never encountered this issue. It recently installed an update for windows (I believe for something related to the Intel Display or Intel Graphics Command Center) and after the update I noticed that if I adjusted the...
  6. Brightness of my laptop won't change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness of my laptop won't change: Hello! I have an ASUS TUF, it’s very new but for some reason the brightness won’t change anymore when I try and either adjust the slider or use the hotkeys. I’ve tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. To be clear when I try and change the brightness, the bar...
  7. How to change my brightness settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change my brightness settings?: Can anyone help me how to change my brightness because it seems like i couldn't find any brightness settings on my display settings. So i tried this method where I need to update the display adapters and yes I did try to update both of them but they are already been updated...
  8. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  9. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  10. Change brightness on my pc laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change brightness on my pc laptop: I can't seem to be able to change my brightness on my HP Stream laptop. The buttons won't work and I tried through the settings and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-brightness-on-my-pc-laptop/b7efaf97-04f3-44d5-8fc8-133f5e8c3dca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xfce how to get smooth brighness transition on laptop