Windows 10: How to make Canary my default browser ?

Discus and support How to make Canary my default browser ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; good morning all, How to make Edge Canary my default browser ? It seems it is impossible to open the short cuts / tiles to websites that are on my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GeneralLee01, Nov 30, 2019.

1. How to make Canary my default browser ?

good morning all,

How to make Edge Canary my default browser ?

It seems it is impossible to open the short cuts / tiles to websites that are on my "desk top" in Edge Canary. They keep opening in the standard Edge.

My system details are: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage, Win10 S mode, Edge beta, Office 365, No physical keyboard, No mouse

:)

GeneralLee01, Nov 30, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 30, 2019
  4. How to make Canary my default browser ?

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

How to make Canary my default browser ?

1. How to make Canary my default browser ? - Similar Threads - Canary default browser

2. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  3. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  4. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?: Hello all, I have my default browser set to Google Chrome. Yet with some programs, like some games, if you click an option to open a website, it opens that website in Internet Explorer 11. I know IE11 is not safe to use. It doesn't often happen, but today I had it happen...
  6. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  7. how yo make firefox default browser win10

how yo make firefox default browser win10: just installed firefox, how to make default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-yo-make-firefox-default-browser-win10/0cb352de-384f-4417-b2f0-8525e4a60ecc
  8. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10: I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-chrome-default-browser-in-windows-10/90038208-eac7-4935-92a3-9bb0e17f6cc8
  9. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...
  10. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set edge canary as default browser