Windows 10: How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

Discus and support How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my Surface Book with an LG CD/DVD player. For the first time I tried to use File Explorer to burn an Audio CD. Using the Send To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomBlanco, May 25, 2020.

1. TomBlanco Win User

How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

I have Windows 10 on my Surface Book with an LG CD/DVD player. For the first time I tried to use File Explorer to burn an Audio CD. Using the Send To feature, I could find CD/DVD drive showing. How do I make it appear on File Explorer?

I'd appreciate the help.

:)

TomBlanco, May 25, 2020

2. CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

Hello --

The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer.

- Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Further details:

- This is a reconditioned Lenovo ThinkPad T430s, running Windows 10 Pro

- The drive is Matsushita DVD-RAM UJ8C2 with up-to-date Microsoft driver

- Before it stopped playing and showing up in Explorer, some CDs were intermittently recognized within WMP. I thought this might be b/c of disc condition (borrowed from public library).

Joan-jjblue, May 25, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 25, 2020
  4. How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

CD/DVD Drive does not show in File Explorer

Hi Dave,

This problem may be caused by a corrupted driver or a corrupted registry entry. Modifying the registry can cause problems if configured incorrectly.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this article. It
    contains methods on how to resolve CD or DVD drive that is not seen in File Explorer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 25, 2020
Thema:

How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

1. How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer - Similar Threads - DVD drive appear

2. Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive DO NOT Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive DO NOT Appear in File Explorer: DELL Inspiron 3847Windows 7 Professional SP1I don't know how long ago this issue started as I use this computer sporadically for software development work most of which is done in one of several Oracle VirtualBox virtual machines installed on this Win 7 Pro computer. The Host...
  3. Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive DO NOT Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive DO NOT Appear in File Explorer: DELL Inspiron 3847Windows 7 Professional SP1I don't know how long ago this issue started as I use this computer sporadically for software development work most of which is done in one of several Oracle VirtualBox virtual machines installed on this Win 7 Pro computer. The Host...
  4. Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive Don NOT Appear in File Explorer

Second Hard Drive and DVD/CD RW Drive Don NOT Appear in File Explorer: DELL Inspiron 3847Windows 7 Professional SP1I don't know how long ago this issue started as I use this computer sporadically for software development work most of which is done in one of several Oracle VirtualBox virtual machines installed on this Win 7 Pro computer. The Host...
  5. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  6. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  7. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. no cd\dvd in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  9. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  10. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd r not working in computer