Windows 10: How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

Discus and support How to make changes in Device Manager permanent in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anonymous27, Jun 17, 2019.

1. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself, and the ghost clicks were back. A few days later I disabled the touch screen again. I then turned my computer off and on again and restarted it and the touchscreen was still disabled. However it was again re-enabled the next day. Does anyone know why it keeps re-enabling itself and how to stop it? Note that I am not admin and that I needed the administrator of my computer to type in his password each time I want to disable the touchscreen.

:)

Anonymous27, Jun 17, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

How to make changes in Device Manager permanent What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 17, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jun 17, 2019
  4. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

1. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent - Similar Threads - changes Device Manager

2. How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration?: My Power Shell got screwed up - the input colours got changed to yellow and I couldn't find a way to change them back... And on my old monitor I can't read the yellow. Lots of stuff on the web about it. Recurring problem. Solutions here and there that don't work. Finally...
  3. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  4. Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?

Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?: Since the first time I saw it in Windows (can't remember which version), long ago, I never had anything I could see as a result of clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" option in the Device Manager. What does it do exactly and is there any kind of file it generates?...
  5. Microsoft is making changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space: The next major Windows 10 update ’19H1′ is set to make some important changes to how the operating system manages disk space. In Windows 10 19H1, Microsoft is introducing reserved storage which refers to the storage that is to be used by apps, Windows Update, temporary files,...
  6. Changing font permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing font permanently: How can I change the font that my computer uses to one I like better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-permanently/63795ff7-88db-488b-a693-6c70138f3ace
  7. How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager

How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager: Hi I'm having problems with my computer scrolling on its own. This happens both when I have my external mouse plugged in and when I am using only the touch pad. When my pointer hovers over certain lists, it will scroll to the bottom and stay there. I then have no way in...
  8. Permanently allow program to make change on boot up

Permanently allow program to make change on boot up: Win 10 home current edition on Notebook PC When I install a program I get the fly out box "allow program to make changes" I have a Graphics Pen Tablet Huion Q11k Every time I restart I get the message "allow a parogram...etc" presumably to allow drivers to run in the...
  9. Making speaker balance permanent

Making speaker balance permanent: Hopefully this one is simple... Windows 10 Pro. I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound balanced. I found the speaker settings and balance in the properties and adjusted things to my liking. But it appears that when...
  10. Changes in device manager and the need to reboot.

Changes in device manager and the need to reboot.: Hello I am facing a small issue, well not really an issue but something quite inconvenient. Whenever I disable any device in the device manager, to get the change to work I need to reboot my PC. This is very annoying and was not present in previous versions of windows. I...