Windows 10: How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

Discus and support How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carls017, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Carls017 Win User

How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it.

:)

Carls017, Oct 21, 2018

2. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Linda117 Win User

Unable to set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10.

Not sure why I started having problems with Chrome this week--it seemed to begin following the most recent Windows update--first Chrome didn't even want to launch but somehow that got resolved (or something I did resolved it). Then I couldn't get Chrome
    to be accepted as the default browser--when I went to settings and selected Chrome as the default browser it wouldn't save my choice (same thing with IE and even Edge) but following Guru's steps suggested in his reply solved the problem! Chrome is now again
    my default browser and I'm pleased! Thanks for solving this very annoying and baffling problem!

Linda117, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome default browser

2. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Browsers and Email
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  3. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  4. I can't make google chrome my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make google chrome my default browser: [ATTACH] So I set google chrome to be my default browser but whenever I click the "windows" button and search for something, it goes directly to microsoft edge. I am not sure how to fix that....
  5. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  6. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...
  7. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  8. Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10: I used the free Windows 10 upload from Microsoft to update my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 was working great, then all of a sudden a couple of days ago, I kept getting fatal error messages, my computer was connected to the Internet but programs kept...
  9. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...
  10. Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge

in Browsers and Email
    Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge: Hello & Thanks , Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge . When in Chrome and I click make chrome default , nothing happens . And Edge won't let go . How to fix . Thanks...Vern 35805