Windows 10: How to make command console customizations available system-wide

Discus and support How to make command console customizations available system-wide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created a batch file with various customizations for my command prompt (e.g. Doskey macros etc.). I have a shortcut to cmd.exe that adds the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flummox, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Flummox Win User

How to make command console customizations available system-wide

I have created a batch file with various customizations for my command prompt (e.g. Doskey macros etc.). I have a shortcut to cmd.exe that adds the path to my batch file as an argument so that my batch file gets loaded with the command console window.

However, this obviously only works when a command prompt is opened using that particular shortcut. For any other method of opening cmd.exe it reverts to the Windows deafult and as a result I don't have access to any of my macro / aliases and other customizations.

How can I get access to my customized console regardless of how cmd.exe is launched?

I've read some stuff about an Autorun registry key, but I've seen no clear examples of hot to use it, and so I haven't been able to get it to work.

:)

Flummox, Jul 21, 2017

2. System 32 keeps opening randomly

The command console for system 32 opens at random times, how do I make it stop? I had the same problem on my windows 8 before the upgrade.

VictoriaACarter, Jul 21, 2017
  3. JesseMoll Win User
    Windows 10 Wont open apps in full screen AT ALL

Hi,

The command prompt (or "cmd") defaults to 80 characters wide. You can make it wider by right clicking on the title bar on the top and selecting properties. In the layout tab, change the "Screen Buffer Size" Width to something larger than 80 (depending
    on how wide your screen is... try 160 or 200). This will allow you to make the command prompt window wider.

JesseMoll, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

How to make command console customizations available system-wide

1. How to make command console customizations available system-wide - Similar Threads - command console customizations

2. How to install all software system wide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install all software system wide?: Once in a while I come across an issue where software is only available on the account it was installed on.Is there a way to install software for all users on windows 10 both for admin and standard users?...
  3. How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work: In windows 10, I can easily set Custom Scaling for the Display. But in Windows 11, I specified a scale of 105% to 125% but the scale is always 175%.How to make this work correctly....
  4. How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work

How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work: In windows 10, I can easily set Custom Scaling for the Display. But in Windows 11, I specified a scale of 105% to 125% but the scale is always 175%.How to make this work correctly....
  5. How to Make system wide font a different Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Make system wide font a different Color: I still don't understand why Microsoft hasn't programmed in some simple customization options to windows like for instance, how come I cant change the color of the System Font(System Wide)? another huge mess is the right click menu, Why do they place the Delete option right...
  6. System-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System-wide stutter: Hello. I have had my PC for 1 1/2 years now and I have had this issue before. I don't know what causes it to start but for some reason, it decides to stutter. The fix last time was to install a fresh copy of windows, but that didn't work this time. I am very confused and...
  7. System wide reminders?

System wide reminders?: Is there any software with which you can set up a reminder through a shortcut, regardless of where you are in windows? Ideally, I’d love to have one where you can use natural language. For example, "in 10 minutes remind me to call John". This is some thing I was able to do on...
  8. Backup customized console layout?

Backup customized console layout?: Hi! I always like to change the default layout of PowerShell to let it more like cmd, but everytime I change computer I have to reconfigure it again. Is there a way to customize and backup/restore that? I have tried to backup registry keys before (HKCU\Console) but it...
  9. Command Console Redirection

Command Console Redirection: I need to run an command line application, ffmpeg, and direct the terminal session to a log file while simultaneously monitoring its progress. ffmpeg asks questions that I have to see to answer. It then 'takes off' processing video. While processing, it's output is 1000s of...
  10. Making command line programmer accessible system wide

in Windows 10 Support
    Making command line programmer accessible system wide: First of all apologies if this is posted in the incorrect place and/or has been previously answered. I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop after being a long time linux user, I'm curious to see how much it differs from Windows 7. I regularly download ISOs/Files...