Windows 10: how to make computer faster

Discus and support how to make computer faster in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is soooooooooooo slow. I try to scroll down on a page and hardly moves, so sick of how it seems sticky and slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brendamiller4, Jul 6, 2019.

1. how to make computer faster

My computer is soooooooooooo slow. I try to scroll down on a page and hardly moves, so sick of how it seems sticky and slow

:)

brendamiller4, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 6, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    please make my computer faster

Hi mukundshah ,

The best first step to making your PC faster is, to turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Jul 6, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

how to make computer faster

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

how to make computer faster

1. how to make computer faster - Similar Threads - computer faster

2. A program is stealing focus from other apps on my computer, causing full-screen games to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A program is stealing focus from other apps on my computer, causing full-screen games to...: For a rather long while now, I've been experiencing an issue where at random full-screen games will simply minimize. It happens once, then a few moments later, it happens again (if I immediately refocus the game/program I was using). This is so incredibly irritating. How do...
  3. cant install windows 10 on my computer

cant install windows 10 on my computer: i have recently built a computer and i installed windows 10 but on my harddrive. i then realized this and proceeded to try and do a clean install. after trying it i got the following error code0xc00000e and then i tried troubleshooting this error code but then i get this...
  4. Windows 10, multiple computers failure to staple, punch prints or allow multiple copies of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, multiple computers failure to staple, punch prints or allow multiple copies of...: I am trying to figure out what can cause printing to a printer via TCP/IP connection, to not staple or punch prints when the driver sees the finisher, and lets you select these options when printing from multiple application (Word, Excel, Adobe Reader DC, Chrome, etc.)?...
  5. I purchases and "installed" windows 10 pro and restarted computer several times. The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchases and "installed" windows 10 pro and restarted computer several times. The...: I bought pro from the Microsoft store specifically so I could use the remote desktop connection. I tried to use chat support to get my problems fixed and they ignored my explanation and did the same thing I did: click install for windows 10 pro in the store and let the...
  6. I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer

I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer: I press the power button on my Dell latitude e5410 it goes upto the windows 10 logo and the white spinning dots then the screen goes black (no cursor) and then I hear cortana but I cant see the screen (first time start up)...
  7. Computer Freezes, ID code 10016 Help please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes, ID code 10016 Help please!: Hello to anyone reading this.... i will be providing a screenshot below on the issue from my event logs. Basically when playing a video game my computer will freeze up and it needs a hard reset because nothing will work. I have updated my video drivers and tried disabling...
  8. The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !: Hi, I had to buy a new computer and I transfer ALL my pictures (over 15 000 !), but now, I can't see any of my pictures' thumbnails unless I open it ... one by one !! I tried several tricks and yes, I made sure the "show thumbnails not icon" box was uncheck. I even went...
  9. please make my computer faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please make my computer faster: please make my computer faster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/please-make-my-computer-faster/af22c3fe-3f8d-428d-8393-9ed9633fad77
  10. Why does my computer boot faster when rebooting than a cold startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer boot faster when rebooting than a cold startup?: I'm using Boot Racer and it shows that Windows 10 loads more slowly after a fresh startup than during a reboot. I tried doing a clean boot, but to no avail. I also tried comparing Fast Startup enabled and disabled, and it made no difference. It's only a 10-second difference...