Windows 10: How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

Discus and support How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by noob00224, Nov 30, 2018.

1. noob00224 Win User

How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

Hello,

I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing.

I have changed the default browser to Firefox.

Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge.

Added Google to Bing Firefox addon.

If I make a search via Cortana and I click on the web result it starts in Firefox on Google.

However, when I search something via the Cortana search box and results start to pop up (on top of the search bar), a small window in the right appears with web results, and the search engine is still Bing. This is before I click on any of the search results.

Can I change the search engine here to Google, or remove it completely?

Thank you.

:)

noob00224, Nov 30, 2018

2. I want Google Search Engine instead of Bing in Cortana searches???

Bing is just **** and nothing more than that and i want to use Google in Cortana searches but Cortana only uses Bing???

It's really sucks by using Bing???

* Moved from: Bing/Web search/Unexpected search results/Bing.com for PC/Mac browsers

Muhammad Asad Janjua, Nov 30, 2018
  3. In Windows 10 , can I change Cortana search engine from Bing to Google?

The Windows 10 Cortana application is Microsoft Bing proprietary and cannot be adjusted.

Microsoft Windows 10 has introduced the intended replacement for Internet Explorer called Microsoft Edge which also defaults to searching using Bing. If there are no listed alternate search engines when attempting to add a new one then, assuming the search
    provider supports the "OpenSearch" standard they can be added using the steps listed below.

1. In Microsoft Edge - Open a tab to your desired "http://www.google.com" and leave the tab open to the default google website.

2. Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
    advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

3. Select the website and then select Add as default

JDanielWebb777, Nov 30, 2018
  4. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

make cortana use google search instead of bing

Is there a way to make Cortana use google search instead of Bing, Internet explorer 11, windows 10?

W.M.Coffey, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

1. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing - Similar Threads - Cortana search Google

2. How to make the search bar use Google?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the search bar use Google?: How do i use google for both image and text search? I already have google Chrome as the default browser but it keeps using bing on edge, setting google to default engine on edge doesn't work I'm fine with using edge but is there a way to use google for the search bar? If...
  3. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  4. bing to google in windows 10 search

in Browsers and Email
    bing to google in windows 10 search: I have had several techs from duifferent sites try and helopme get ggole search instaed of bing as default in windows 100 search bar i have gone to microsoft edge and tried it there but none of the techs nor myself have been able to do it not sure if an update changed it bbut...
  5. Changing Cortana search to Google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Cortana search to Google: Is there a way to change the Windows 10 taskbar search to Google without setting Chrome as my default browser, and using an extension? I very much like the Edge beta, but I prefer Google as my search engine. submitted by /u/gotthelife11 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to make Cortana search box smaller

in Cortana
    How to make Cortana search box smaller: My Windows 10 computer just updated itself and now when I click the Cortana search icon, it's twice as big it was before. Is there any way to make it smaller? If so, how can I do it?...
  7. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  8. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches: If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there...
  9. How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?: It's really pissing me off that they won't let us do this. Can't I edit the file like the registry? Any help? 76448
  10. 2 in one. No Ethernet and How to make Cortana search Google?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 in one. No Ethernet and How to make Cortana search Google?: I have no Ethernet what so ever... I updated everything I could including the Ethernet from ASUS. I get limited connection. 9324

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change cortanas search engine