Windows 10: How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

Discus and support How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cutecenoxo, Aug 12, 2015.

1. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool!

[youtube]0eiWh1QOau0[/youtube]

:)

cutecenoxo, Aug 12, 2015

2. Please tell me Windows 10 didn't get rid of Word/Excel in the start menu drag and drop?!

The whole computer has the blue screen of death. I had to go back to Win7.

It's an Alienware 15.

How about the violent BJ for the Bing search? Bing is soo bad. What if I was a young kid and saw that?! Is there any way to change Cortana to Google search rather than Bing?

MattDragalin, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Ophlan Win User
    bing search integration

Does anyone know if it's in the plan to make this "feature" a setting? I would much rather have my default search engine use Bing. As for Yahoo, yahoo uses bing's search engine. So other than looks, Yahoo is Bing. I'd much rather have yahoo than google.

Yahoo Gives Up, Turns Search Over to Bing

Ophlan, Aug 12, 2015
  4. steve1711 Win User

How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

Make Firefox 40 default browser. Set google as default search in Firefox. Cortana will now use google instead of Bing.

steve1711, Aug 12, 2015
  5. That works as well but we all know chrome is superior *Smile Edge is fast, but once it gets plugins it will be just as slow as chrome. I personally find firefox clunky and old

cutecenoxo, Aug 12, 2015
  6. I'm not changing but I watched for educational purposes. But then they just downloaded an extension, and that wasn't what I expected.

The reason I'm not switching has nothing to do with not liking Google as a search engine. Google is what I always use to perform everyday searches.

I'm not switching because Cortana and Bing are like a package deal as far as anybody knows. They kind of need to rely on each other. Also, for anyone who has switched: are able to perform advanced Google searches with Cortana?

Edit:

Now that's a better way of handling it.

growapair30, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

1. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing - Similar Threads - Cortana Google rather

2. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  3. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  4. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  6. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  7. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

in Cortana
    How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice: Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting it back to turn off the talking and return to typing my questions....
  8. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  9. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  10. How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?

How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?: It's really pissing me off that they won't let us do this. Can't I edit the file like the registry? Any help? 76448