Windows 10: how to make date format change permanent

Discus and support how to make date format change permanent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows date-format default setting is dd/mm/yyyy I have an application which requires the format to be in yyyy/mm/dd, which I did make the change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hollowman85, Oct 11, 2019.

1. how to make date format change permanent

My windows date-format default setting is dd/mm/yyyy
    I have an application which requires the format to be in yyyy/mm/dd, which I did make the change in windows settings.
    However I noticed that the change will be reverted back from yyyy/mm/dd back to dd/mm/yyyy automatically after some time.
    As such I wish to know if there were ways to make the change permanent. Thank you.

:)

hollowman85, Oct 11, 2019
  2. ĀnishAhmed, Oct 11, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

how to make date format change permanent

Microsoft Money with Windows 10 Date Format Changed

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

MS Money Date Format

Do let us know if you are able to change date format in Microsoft Money. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

how to make date format change permanent

1. how to make date format change permanent - Similar Threads - date format change

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  4. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the time and date format in windows ?

How to change the time and date format in windows ?: Hello Forums members,Before Windows 10 I always had the dd-mm-yyyy date format and time format was set to AM and PM.But since windows 10 I can only choose mm-dd-yyyy / AM - PM or dd-mm-yyyy / 24 hour clock.I want as date form dd-mm-yyyy and time format AM / PM is that...
  6. Change of short date format

Change of short date format: In the past, I have setup a GPO to configure the short date format (under Control panel -> Region -> Formats) to MM/dd/yyyy It works for Windows 10 build 1603 up to build 1803. Recently, I have some machines upgraded to build 1903, and found that the short date format was...
  7. How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?: When I go to Control Panel----Time & Language---Formats----Change date and time formats then I do NOT find dd.MM.yyyy as format pattern in drop down for "Short date". I have english GUI language and german Region How can I set this format? In Windows 7 this format exists....
  8. How Change Date Format in Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Change Date Format in Calendar: Hi I am using the Calender app (not the flyup calendar from the task bar). The one found in Start> Calendar. The format of the dates in the calendar are US ie 1st August is displayed as 8/1. Since I'm in Australia, I prefer to see 1/8. All other date setting in my Windows...
  9. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  10. Change date format

Change date format: how do i change date format to mm/dd/yyy. currently it shows dd/mm/yyyy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-date-format/369e7554-8e46-40f7-b522-b8c0a3b672ef