Windows 10: How to make desktop icons alphabetic

Discus and support How to make desktop icons alphabetic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I make desktop icons list alphabetical?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David A Clark, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How to make desktop icons alphabetic

How do I make desktop icons list alphabetical?

:)

David A Clark, Dec 28, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Dec 28, 2019
  4. johnes39 Win User

How to make desktop icons alphabetic

Task Bar and Alphabetized List

Hello:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop

I updated an program.

Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu.

I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar.

An icon for the executable now shows up in the Start Menu icon area but does not appear in the Start Menu alphabetized list.

Question: How to produce an entry for this executable file in the Start Menu alphabetized list?

Thank you...

John S.

johnes39, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How to make desktop icons alphabetic

1. How to make desktop icons alphabetic - Similar Threads - desktop icons alphabetic

2. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  3. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  4. How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?: I did right click > Sort By > Name but my appssome are folders didn't sorted in alphabetic manner but some random manner.Does anybody knows how to automatically set apps iconssome are folders in alphabetic manner in win 10?...
  5. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  6. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  7. How to make icons diasapear from the desktop properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make icons diasapear from the desktop properly?: Hey everyone! Firstly, what I mean in the title, is that I am looking for a way to make some apps dissapear from my desktop, but I need to be able to re-apear them later, if I need to. So, long story short, I tried making some icons go away from my desktop by using the...
  8. Windows Randomly Alphabetizing My Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Alphabetizing My Desktop Icons: Title basically covers it, but I'm an inept googler and can't find the answer, so maybe internet strangers can help. Roughly once every two weeks, at random, on launching my PC at the start of the day, all of my desktop icons are MYSTERIOUSLY SORTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER....
  9. HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT: HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT... PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-to-make-my-desktop-icons-great/cc1f8d2e-12e5-44df-9fff-abfc2907577f
  10. How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?: . In my normal user account, I sort desktop icons by name. It's clear that there are actually two groups of icons. The first group (after Recycle bin) starts with CCleaner and ends with VLC Media Player. These are the same icons that I see in my Administrator acccount....