Windows 10: How to make drive boot

Discus and support How to make drive boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sean5302, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sean5302 Win User

How to make drive boot

I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5.
    I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't.

The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC.
    When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I remove it and connect it to another PC via USB, that second PC can see the HDD and I can view all the files there.

I'm frightened to use Acronis again but can see options there to make is a basic HDD, a dynamic HDD and suchlike. I don't want to lose the data or the apps on that HDD.

Any help, please.

:)

sean5302, Oct 9, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Oct 9, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 9, 2020
  4. How to make drive boot

little cat, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

How to make drive boot

1. How to make drive boot - Similar Threads - drive boot

2. Windows will not boot after cloning to a new drive due to missing or corrupt Hal.dll file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not boot after cloning to a new drive due to missing or corrupt Hal.dll file: Hi everyone, I recently bought a new SSD for my PC and I wanted to move my Windows 10 installation from my old HDD to this new SSD to speed up the boot. I tried doing this by cloning the HDD to the SSD but nothing I do has been able to work. The problem is that every time I...
  3. New hard drive, cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New hard drive, cannot boot from USB: Recently I made a thread about not being able to boot my computer. I decided to buy a new hard drive in case that one was failing, but still have made no progress. The problem is that whenever I try to boot from the USB, the Windows logo flashes for a second then I'm stuck on...
  4. New hard drive, cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    New hard drive, cannot boot from USB: Recently I made a thread about not being able to boot my computer. I decided to buy a new hard drive in case that one was failing, but still have made no progress. The problem is that whenever I try to boot from the USB, the Windows logo flashes for a second then I'm stuck on...
  5. Windows boot drive showing as Ubuntu in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot drive showing as Ubuntu in BIOS.: My Windows boot drive isn't showing properly in BIOS after using Ubuntu. I have a 240GB SSD with Windows installed and an external 1TB HDD with Ubuntu in it. So, i restarted my pc to log into Windows again, but the SSD was showing as being an Ubuntu boot drive. From there, it...
  6. Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”: I started up my computer after plugging in a new monitor and after a couple mins of it running fine it started to slow and the notification said “Restart to fix drive errors” The computer started to restart and it said it was fixing the errors. When it finished fixing them,...
  7. Moving boot partition to another drive

Moving boot partition to another drive: I've found very mixed things about this, most making it seem too difficult to be worthwhile. I have Windows 10 dual booting with OSX, and for some reason, Windows put its bootloader on my HDD which I use solely for backup purposes. Windows itself is installed to its own SSD....
  8. I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.: TLDR: title. Behold my disk manager screenshot pardon my french, where Disk 0 is my laptop's C: drive, which is normal, and Disk 2 is the patient. As you can see, the partitions are not the same. [ATTACH] -------------------- Details: So i want to upgrade from my old...
  9. Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.: Long story short, I used EaseUS to clone my old boot drive HDD to a new SSD. The program said it was successful and I was able to boot into it just fine with all of my files. I erased the old HDD and now Windows gives me the 0xc0000003 error and I can't repair the SSD with a...
  10. Raid boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid boot drive.: I have 2 120gb ssds in my PC. They are from different brands. Is there a way I can somehow combine both of them into a raid that makes them operate as 1 drive, then make it my windows boot drive?...