Windows 10: How to make drive boot

Discus and support How to make drive boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sean5302, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sean5302 Win User

How to make drive boot

I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5.
    I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't.

The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC.
    When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I remove it and connect it to another PC via USB, that second PC can see the HDD and I can view all the files there.

I'm frightened to use Acronis again but can see options there to make is a basic HDD, a dynamic HDD and suchlike. I don't want to lose the data or the apps on that HDD.

Any help, please.

:)

sean5302, Oct 9, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Oct 9, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 9, 2020
  4. How to make drive boot

little cat, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

How to make drive boot

1. How to make drive boot - Similar Threads - drive boot

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  7. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  8. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  9. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  10. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...