Windows 10: How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time?

Discus and support How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just started using Edge, whenever I download a file I have to manually click on save in the download bar before it saves. How do I get it to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unabatedshagie, Oct 23, 2020.

1. How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time?

I've just started using Edge, whenever I download a file I have to manually click on save in the download bar before it saves.

How do I get it to just save the file without intervention from me?

submitted by /u/unabatedshagie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/unabatedshagie, Oct 23, 2020

2. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Save Target As

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to save the picture on your desire location.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Open the image/picture you want to download.
    • Right click on the image/picture.
    • Click on save picture option.
    • A window shall popup to select the storage location.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 23, 2020
  4. How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time?

Edge Chromium

Hi All,

* We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge.

* Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update.

*But this time once the update got installed, it has created duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar.

*we have unpinned the second one manually but after restart it has come back again.

*One thing we noticed it that, when we launch the edge (edge chromium) browser, the duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar is getting removed by itself..

*but once the device is restarted, we can see the edge chromium duplicate shortcut is back.

we can see inconsistent behaviors here with the edge chromium.

*Please check and help about how to get this duplicate task bar edge chromium shortcut removed permanently.

Karthikeyan Mathan, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time?

1. How to make Edge Chromium automatically save downloads without having to click save every time? - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium automatically

2. downloading and saving pdf files in Edge and this one time not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading and saving pdf files in Edge and this one time not working in chrome: I'm able to download some PDF files in Edge but not in chrome just from one particular webite. But Edge does not show the headings across the top of the file that would permit me to save the file in a PDF which i know how to do on chrome and any other website. The headings...
  3. downloading and saving pdf files in Edge and this one time not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading and saving pdf files in Edge and this one time not working in chrome: I'm able to download some PDF files in Edge but not in chrome just from one particular webite. But Edge does not show the headings across the top of the file that would permit me to save the file in a PDF which i know how to do on chrome and any other website. The headings...
  4. downloads in Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads in Edge Chromium?: I am unable to find web pages, files and documents in File Explorer if I saved them in the Edge browser. Some files appear in code not readable for me, not in the usual folders, in the wrong folders or not saved anywhere. Many appear only in Wordpad, not in File Explorer!!...
  5. [Help] Revert chromium edge download prompts open, save as, etc to old behavior.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Revert chromium edge download prompts open, save as, etc to old behavior.: I want the browser to behave like it used to before the last few updates. I am on the latest stable version and for the last few versions the downloading behavior has changed. How it is now: - You click on a file download link - You get a small prompt that save do you want...
  6. Can't open files without saving them first in new Chromium-based Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open files without saving them first in new Chromium-based Edge Browser: "Upgrading" to the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge removes the option to open files without saving them first. The old Edge understood the overwhelming customer demand through a feature request campaign and acquiesced by giving us the preferred "Open, Save, Save As" dialog,...
  7. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  8. How To Save Zoomed Picture Without Cropping & Saving To File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Save Zoomed Picture Without Cropping & Saving To File: While waiting for a ballgame to start I thought I would bother someone else besides myself. Below is a random (free to use) female model I pulled off of Google Images. [img] My image viewer of choice is FSViewer. When I hit the plus symbol on my keyboard three times the...
  9. after clicking on Save As there is no option to save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after clicking on Save As there is no option to save: I have an issue, all of a sudden clicking the "save as", won’t let me see a list of folders to choose from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clicking-on-save-as-there-is-no-option-to/f614d9ef-9aea-47e3-b419-e89990f152aa"
  10. How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...