Windows 10: How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

Discus and support How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS WIn10 Pro What I mean by, How do I make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder is this: Assuming you have a shortcut of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pintree3, May 4, 2020.

1. pintree3 Win User

How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

OS WIn10 Pro

What I mean by, How do I make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder is this:

Assuming you have a shortcut of a folder and you double-click on it. Or if Explorer is already open and you double-click on a folder on the right pane the left pane remains untouched. It is highlighted in a blue color and then you must click on it to have then next sub folder highlighted in a blue color and then click on that to have the next folder......etc.

I find this annoying. I would like the full tree on the left pane to show me exactly where I am now.\I especially hate it, really, really hate it when it shows me to be on the Quick Access thing instead. But luckily I found out how to take care of this and will do so as soon as I send this Q out. :-

:)

pintree3, May 4, 2020

2. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2020
  3. how to view sub folder

So you do not want to see a folder but a folder tree. I am not aware of a ready-made solution but can offer these suggestions:

• Use the method shown here. It requires you to type a command in File Explorer,
      then generates a text file showing the complete tree for the current folder.
    • Expand on the above method by modifying the registry so that you get a "Tree" item in the right-click context menu of the folder.
    • Use a search engine to locate pages that contain the keywords Windows folder tree.

Frederik Long, May 4, 2020
  4. How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder? :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

1. How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder? - Similar Threads - Explorer show complete

2. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  3. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  4. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  5. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  6. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  7. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  8. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

9. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  10. Folder Tree

Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc