Windows 10: How to make file open with no program.

Discus and support How to make file open with no program. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A while back I accidentally set .viso (virtual iso) files to open with Internet Explorer, how do I change it so NO program opens viso files except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WackyH, Mar 27, 2021.

1. /u/WackyH Win User

How to make file open with no program.

A while back I accidentally set .viso (virtual iso) files to open with Internet Explorer, how do I change it so NO program opens viso files except VirtualBox or something?

submitted by /u/WackyH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WackyH, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, Mar 27, 2021
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make file open with no program. - Similar Threads - file open program

2. How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?: I have Windows 10 Task Scheduler opening a specific .rtf also tried changing it to .docx file on workstation unlock. At present it opens automatically with Wordpad, but I want it to open using another word processing program instead WPS Office.I've set the "default app" for...
  3. How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?: I have Windows 10 Task Scheduler opening a specific .rtf also tried changing it to .docx file on workstation unlock. At present it opens automatically with Wordpad, but I want it to open using another word processing program instead WPS Office.I've set the "default app" for...
  4. Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?: Hello I am using Autohotkey language(or whatevcer that is) for one script I've written the script in notepad and then in properties changed the default program that launches the file to Autohotkey, unsurprisingly all notepad files now try to open with this...
  5. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  6. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  7. How can I make a .bat program close itself after it opens a file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make a .bat program close itself after it opens a file?: Hello, so basically, I have a .bat program designed to open a file yes, only that, and I would like it to end itself immediately after opening said file. The program: "C:\Program Files x86\DesignFOIL\DESIGNFOIL_R6_DEMO.exe" end As of now, the program runs the file,...
  8. choosing a program to open a program file

in Windows 10 Customization
    choosing a program to open a program file: why can't I drop and drag a program file in windows 10 and it becomes the default program for that program file? I has worked from windows 95.........
  9. Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.: I keep having this issue every morning when I get on my computer. The open with program dialogue will be open asking what I would like to open *File* with. Said file is unknown *I did not open anything as I was away from the computer* My instinct tells me to click notepad...
  10. OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS: HI THERE,COULD ANYONE HELP I HAVE LOADS OF FILES AND PROGRAMS I NEED DESPERATLY TO USE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN AS ALWAYS SHOWS ERROR CANT OPEN 'EXE' FIES HOW DO I OPEN THEM WHAT DO I NEED TO GET OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS....