Windows 10: How to make files and folders undeletable in Windows 10

Discus and support How to make files and folders undeletable in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The most common reason for losing data is accidentally deleting files and folders. Rather, most of you must have lost files at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 30, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to make files and folders undeletable in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Joe1959 Win User
    Windows 10: Undelete files

I accidentally deleted files from the pictures folder. They're not in the recycle bin. How can I undelete these files?

There use to be an undelete function in DOS. Did we discontinue it?

Thanks

Windows 10 Home

Joe1959, Nov 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

How to make files and folders undeletable in Windows 10 [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make files and folders undeletable in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - files folders undeletable

2. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  3. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  4. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  5. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  6. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  7. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  8. Undeleteable folder and files on my external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeleteable folder and files on my external: I store all my files that I work on onto a external drive recently I attempted to open some visual studios solution files but they wouldn't open correctly. I decided to just delete the file, but when I try nothing happens. So far I have tried dragging to the recycle bin,...
  9. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...