Windows 10: How to make Files UWP the main file explorer?

Discus and support How to make Files UWP the main file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently discovered Files "UWP" and I liked it so much that I would like to do the main explorer but I don't know how, if someone can tell me how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pikxoh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. /u/Pikxoh Win User

How to make Files UWP the main file explorer?

Hi, I recently discovered Files "UWP" and I liked it so much that I would like to do the main explorer but I don't know how, if someone can tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/Pikxoh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pikxoh, Jan 19, 2021

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 19, 2021
  4. ToffyCot Win User

Set default file manager to Files UWP?

Hey guys I recently downloaded Files UWP from the windows store and it's a great file manager with a clean ui and great shortcuts and management, but I was wondering if there's a way to set it as my default manager; for example when I go to open a file
    from another application, I'd like it to use UWP instead of the stock files explorer. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Spencer

ToffyCot, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make Files UWP the main file explorer? - Similar Threads - Files UWP main

2. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  3. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  4. Making since of File Explorer Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making since of File Explorer Folders and Files: 1. To many duplicate folders like Documents2. Which duplicate folder are files updated ?3. Which duplicate files in duplicate folders are in One Drive or on my computer or both?4. I want to save a new file I create in a program or App and save it to my computer so it is also...
  5. Making since of File Explorer Folders and Files

Making since of File Explorer Folders and Files: 1. To many duplicate folders like Documents2. Which duplicate folder are files updated ?3. Which duplicate files in duplicate folders are in One Drive or on my computer or both?4. I want to save a new file I create in a program or App and save it to my computer so it is also...
  6. Can't search in file explorer or main search

Can't search in file explorer or main search: Hello.I noticed that suddenly, in windows 10, the main search section, next to start button, does not respond when I click on it. So I cannot search anything there.Also, in file explorer, among the folders documents, pictures, music and videos, I cannot search in those...
  7. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  8. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  9. How to make file explorer the default file browser

10. How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be focused on improving the desktop File Explorer but the software maker is quietly testing UWP File Explorer for Windows 10. The UWP File Explorer is still believed to be actively developed and it’s scheduled to launch with Windows Core OS. UWP File...