Windows 10: How to make FileZilla as default app?

Discus and support How to make FileZilla as default app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, hope everyone doing well. I have FileZilla and Cyberduck installed in my Win 10 laptop. When I go to settings - default apps - choose default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by onlytanmoy, Jul 22, 2021.

1. How to make FileZilla as default app?

Hiya, hope everyone doing well. I have FileZilla and Cyberduck installed in my Win 10 laptop. When I go to settings - default apps - choose default apps by protocolagainst URL: sftp protocol I see Cyberduck listed, on clicking it shows choose an app with options Cyberduck and Look for an app in MS Store. My query is how do I select FileZilla from here? All I want is to use FileZilla to handle sftp URL instead of Cyberduck. My Win 10 version is 21H1

:)

onlytanmoy, Jul 22, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to make FileZilla as default app? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 22, 2021
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 22, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

How to make FileZilla as default app?

95Viper, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

How to make FileZilla as default app?

1. How to make FileZilla as default app? - Similar Threads - FileZilla default app

2. How to make msconfig the default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make msconfig the default?: Hello, I changed the settings in msconfig. I enabled all CPU cores and all of my games started to lag heavily. Initially everything was fine, but now that I've done it, everything is running poorly. I've already completely reset my computer, but it didn't help. How can I fix...
  3. How to make msconfig the default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make msconfig the default?: Hello, I changed the settings in msconfig. I enabled all CPU cores and all of my games started to lag heavily. Initially everything was fine, but now that I've done it, everything is running poorly. I've already completely reset my computer, but it didn't help. How can I fix...
  4. How to make a file type not have a default app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make a file type not have a default app: So I needed to open a .rar file for a Clip Studio Paint brush and accidentally chose to open it with VLC. It now has VLC set as the default to open all .rar files. I can change the default app in settings, but how do I make it not have a default? This is how it looks right...
  5. How to make any app a default app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make any app a default app?: I have a podcast app that I'm trying to use as default music app (so I can utilize keyboards play/pause shortcut keys), but windows refuses to recognize the specific app under "Music", I'm guessing because it's not a strictly music app. submitted by /u/MrSaucyAlfredo...
  6. How to make Eudora 7 my default email app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make Eudora 7 my default email app: Hi, I 'm using Eudora 7 as a mail client and for well-founded reasons do not wish to change that. I often times need to open it from a web site when clicking on a link for which the underlying code is "mailto:<adresse@mail-service>" where <adresse@mail-service> is the...
  7. how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions: how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions I tried settings, default apps by file type but the only options are Word 2016 and Look for an app in the store. Word 2010 is already installed on my computer so how to set it as default...
  8. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla: Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great. Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files. I have been...
  9. FileZilla Frustration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FileZilla Frustration: I am in the last grit of setting up FileZilla, I am using all the defaults and going through the wizards to set the account details. Problem. Error Failed to create listen socket on port 0, This seems to root in Window 10 Defender. I have found how to open the port...
  10. How to make the Start be the default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make the Start be the default?: I just built a new machine. When It starts it opens to the Windows back ground image. I have to click the start icon in the task bar to bring up start with the tiles. On my other machines and my surface it defaults to the start with Tiles. Also, clicking any where on the...