Windows 10: How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

Discus and support How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to the Visual Studio Asset Generator to generate images for all visual assets. When I run the app, the Taskbar icon is too small and it picks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HariharanSreenivas, Jun 21, 2019.

1. How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

I used to the Visual Studio Asset Generator to generate images for all visual assets. When I run the app, the Taskbar icon is too small and it picks the accent color I have chosen. For reference, I have uploaded the icon of Visual Studio 2017 as well. How do I make the icon of my UWP as the same size as the icon of Visual Studio 2017?

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger? 271e3d1c-08b0-44ad-80db-459ae734bdaf?upload=true.jpg

:)

HariharanSreenivas, Jun 21, 2019

2. Icons of UWP/Metro apps not showing in taskbar

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger? eae356dc-591c-4de0-8e53-e85eea72d453.jpg

Icons of UWP/Metro/Modern apps (first gap in the image is Edge, second (the active app) is mail, third is Twitter) are not showing up in the taskbar, nor when they're pinned, nor when they're opened. Icons of classic desktop (Win32) apps are visible. Icons
    from the right to PowerShell are pinned, from Slack to the right are just opened.

I've tried several reboots, upinning and re-pinning the apps and a script suggested here: Icons pinned to task bar are not displayed properly on Windows 10.,
    but my problem isn't solved. Any ideas?

Arthur Rump, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 21, 2019
  4. SebTech33 Win User

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

How to make Taskbar Icons Bigger?

One solution to this is if you use StartIsBack++ if you tick the box "Use larger taskbar icons" in appearance and you are sure you dont have the box "Use small taskbar buttons" in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties you would get bigger icons.

Here are more information about making taskbar icons bigger with StartIsBack++: How To Make Taskbar Icons Bigger In Windows 10

It all depends on your resolution. So if you go into Settings > System > Display you can use the slider under "Change the size of the text, apps, and other items:" [from 100% - 175%] then you can adjust it to where ever you feel comfortable.

SebTech33, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

1. How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger? - Similar Threads - icon UWP app

2. I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I was wondering if someone could help me with the icons on the lower taskbar in Windows 11 home. Is their anyway to make the icons bigger.Thanks for the help and advicenot...
  3. I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I was wondering if someone could help me with the icons on the lower taskbar in Windows 11 home. Is their anyway to make the icons bigger.Thanks for the help and advicenot...
  4. UWP icons missing only on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP icons missing only on the taskbar: This problem occured only recently. Just now I launched Calculator and Edge and noticed that their icons are missing. I looked at the taskbar, turns out there were more missing icons. All turned out to be for UWP apps. What to do?...
  5. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  6. Taskbar small icons are bigger then normal.

Taskbar small icons are bigger then normal.: Hi there, I got a little problem with my small taskbar icons after last update, somehow the date is showing underneath my time in the taskbar which makes it bigger then normal, how can I fix this? I've a screen if it may helps. [ATTACH]...
  7. UWP icons dark on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP icons dark on taskbar: I have started using some UWP apps and have pinned them to the taskbar. But on some PCs, the icons are dark so they cannot be seen. I can click the spot where I know they are and start the apps, I just cannot see them. Initially, I thought it was an issue with Start10, but...
  8. UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.: Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my attached screenshot for an example. I've reset the icon cache etc to no avail. Thank you! 119986
  9. Display date in taskbar WITHOUT making the taskbar bigger.

Display date in taskbar WITHOUT making the taskbar bigger.: I have seen this question asked before and repeatedly given responses that do not address the actual question. I want to display the date in the taskbar without adjusting the height of the taskbar to make it appear. There is plenty of room to do this, there are nearly...
  10. Make taskbar icons bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar icons bigger?: Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp app bigger buttons