Windows 10: How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

Discus and support How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Microsoft programs and Windows 10. My question is how can I make the icons contained with the Start menu Tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertDenison1, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Microsoft programs and Windows 10. My question is how can I make the icons

contained with the Start menu Tiles larger to fit the full tiles? Currently only a few apps fit the screen, while the majority

appear smaller within the tile. From reading online it is recommended that I download the program, TileIconifier, to

make this possible. This program is a third party program, which I am reluctant to download. Does anyone have

experience with this program? Does Microsoft have their own program for this? Is there another way to fix this?

Thanks to advise.

:)

RobertDenison1, Apr 21, 2020

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Apr 21, 2020
  4. How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

1. How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile - Similar Threads - Icons Within Start

2. windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent: hi, i recently installed windows on a new ssd, and i notice that the color around the icons is gone in full screen start only google chrome has color. i haven't found any help with this issue, i tried switching everything on personalization but nothing. when i drag and move...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Tiles and Icons

Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  5. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  6. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen: I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions. I have a group tile for Microsoft Office Web Apps. The icons on that tile are super tiny. Likewise when I open that group, the icon on each individual tile in...
  7. How to assign icon to start menu tile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to assign icon to start menu tile.: I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the app icon changed to what I would describe as a white page. I've tried to unpin from start and repinned from app on c: drive,...
  8. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  9. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  10. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...