Windows 10: How to make it easier to ask your question

Discus and support How to make it easier to ask your question in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about? [ATTACH] You're about to find out ... It's a helpful way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S-and-S, Aug 14, 2019.

1. S-and-S Win User

How to make it easier to ask your question

Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about?

How to make it easier to ask your question 4633de03-c0a9-4b2f-bf5d-0f445e9252ee?upload=true.jpg

You're about to find out ...

It's a helpful way for people to ask questions in the Microsoft Community forums. I'll bet you didn't know that you could insert a table in the question window ... How to make it easier to ask your question b51086a6-b542-48aa-8c17-b10df46401a9?upload=true.jpg
    ... but you can! It's a great way to ask a question. Use one column to describe your problem, or your problem solving steps. Use the other column to provide pictures of what you're seeing. How to make it easier to ask your question f6f7d1dc-945e-412d-ba24-df33b922042a?upload=true.jpg
    You might even be able to include short video clips, if it's okay with the mods. (Video can use lots of bandwidth.) https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1829867-cartoon-happy-lambs-frolicking
    Once you insert a table, it will expose additional controls that let you add and subtract columns: How to make it easier to ask your question 47cde0f5-e91e-49a4-9596-fbd10b2cb4e9?upload=true.jpg

One of the big frustrations that posters face is not knowing the correct technical terms to describe what they're seeing. Or maybe English isn't your first language. With a table, you can describe what you're seeing in your own words, and show the Community what you mean. Not only is that easier, someone might might be kind enough to explain the correct terminology.

:)

S-and-S, Aug 14, 2019

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 14, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to make it easier to ask your question :p

cadaveca, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make it easier to ask your question - Similar Threads - easier ask question

2. How to make Windows Update finish without asking questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make Windows Update finish without asking questions: After I haven't used Windows for half a year, it has a number of updates. But then it starts asking questions "Restart your system? OK or Cancel", and just sits there, bothering me and forcing to sit around for it to finish quickly. How can I make it just do it all without...
  3. How to make Windows Update finish without asking questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows Update finish without asking questions: After I haven't used Windows for half a year, it has a number of updates. But then it starts asking questions "Restart your system? OK or Cancel", and just sits there, bothering me and forcing to sit around for it to finish quickly. How can I make it just do it all without...
  4. How to make Windows Update finish without asking questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Perhaps this is Make a Statement vs " Ask a Question "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perhaps this is Make a Statement vs " Ask a Question ": However I do understand that looks more like a community forum than an official MS " Let US MS help our customers who have some degree of impairment that makes actions which at another time in MY life finding me volunteering thru my Computer Club <----like all extinct animals...
  6. Perhaps this is Make a Statement vs " Ask a Question "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perhaps this is Make a Statement vs " Ask a Question ": However I do understand that looks more like a community forum than an official MS " Let US MS help our customers who have some degree of impairment that makes actions which at another time in MY life finding me volunteering thru my Computer Club <----like all extinct animals...
  7. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?: Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or approve each individual web page even if it's from the same websitedomain. for example add website...
  8. Making window resizing easier

in Windows 10 Support
    Making window resizing easier: Is there any way to change how close the mouse pointer has to be to a window border in order to resize it? On my system (running version 1909) the pointer has to be within a few pixels of the border in order to get it to turn into the double-ended arrow, which can be kind of...
  9. Google updated privacy policy making it easier to control your data

in Windows 10 News
    Google updated privacy policy making it easier to control your data: We’re always working on making it easier for you to understand and control your data so you can make privacy choices that are right for you. Earlier this year, we launched a new Google Account experience that puts your privacy and security front and center, and we updated our...
  10. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read: When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck,...