Windows 10: How to make list of files in a folder?

Discus and support How to make list of files in a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me How to make list of files in a folder using cmd? Thanks. 163333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Takeshi18, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Takeshi18 Win User

How to make list of files in a folder?

Can someone please tell me How to make list of files in a folder using cmd? Thanks.

:)

Takeshi18, Aug 27, 2020
  2. regan1985 Win User

making file lists

ok i have tried it and i got it to work thanks

but my next problem is it only lists the folders not the files??

regan1985, Aug 27, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

How to make list of files in a folder? [​IMG]

Motim?

dalchina, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make list of files in a folder? - Similar Threads - list files folder

2. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  3. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  4. Make a list of empty folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Make a list of empty folders: Hi I want to make a spreadsheet of (the full path statements of) all empty folders on a drive (external, USB). I have googled and found 4 or 5 suggestions on how to do this, but couldn't get any of them to work. - - - Alternatively, some kind of DIR statement that gives the...
  5. File Listing in Folders

File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  6. how to make a list of media files and their durations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to make a list of media files and their durations: [ATTACH] I have many media files (audio mp3 - mp4) I want to create a list that have file names and their durations and the total. https://preview.redd.it/cs40f617sbs51.png?width=497&format=png&auto=webp&s=926530a5d7e8dab2fe4e9eb1d0b2bd10f8cf5a3a submitted by...
  7. List folder files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  8. How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?: I need to move some folders to the SD chip and leave a shortcut in the original folder on the SSD. That much is easy to do. Unfortunately, when using "Sort by Name", File Explorer lists the shortcuts with the files, not with the folders. I don't want to use "Group by Name"...
  9. Make list of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Make list of files in a folder: Hello,I have several hundreds video clips (mp4), arranged in several folders.Wanted to make a list of them, not to print, just a list in the computer.On some site I found this: To write in the address line of the browser the full path to thatfolder and Enter, the list was...
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262