Windows 10: How to make Microsoft account parent account?

Discus and support How to make Microsoft account parent account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got Xbox game Pass for PC recently, but I noticed that some of the games are hidden due to Parental settings. When I search for 'Doom: Eternal', for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Reggie_04, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Reggie_04 Win User

How to make Microsoft account parent account?

I got Xbox game Pass for PC recently, but I noticed that some of the games are hidden due to Parental settings. When I search for 'Doom: Eternal', for example, it tells me "Due to your age, search results may be filtered." I'm well over 18 years old, so I don't see where the issue comes from. Help is appreciated!

:)

Reggie_04, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to make Microsoft account parent account? :(

Zakin, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Jedzi Win User

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Hi,

I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access.

However I don't like the fact that to create a child account and use the child safety features Microsoft forces me to create a Microsoft account / hotmail address for them. Are my options:

1. Live with it
    2. Use other parental control software, e.g. Custodio
    3. Tie individual browsers down with parental controls.

Thanks,

Jedzi, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make Microsoft account parent account? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account parent

2. Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?: Hello,On one of our laptops with email id as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** whenever we try to print attachment from email it gives error"You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family.Ask now"We don't know...
  3. parent/admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    parent/admin accounts: hey i need a Microsoft employee to walk me through on how to un child my account because when I had my hard drive wiped it made me a child account for absolutely zero reason and now i cant use my browser of choice. I attempted to fix the issue by having a second account but...
  4. parent/admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    parent/admin accounts: hey i need a Microsoft employee to walk me through on how to un child my account because when I had my hard drive wiped it made me a child account for absolutely zero reason and now i cant use my browser of choice. I attempted to fix the issue by having a second account but...
  5. parent/admin accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Kids account to parent account

Kids account to parent account: How do I change a kid's account into a parent's account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kids-account-to-parent-account/de989d7d-48db-476b-9296-be76f0fe3bb3
  7. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  8. Make Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Make Microsoft account: Hi I'm new I'm 60 and useless on computers . Bought a new laptop and it wouldn't let me create a Microsoft account . Brought up error 0x80190f4. And kept saying my emails were lost which it wasn't they were still on there. Brought up' call us over protective 'message and...
  9. Parent Account Restriction

Parent Account Restriction: I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and I have no way to remove the parent account from mine. Can someone help me out with this?...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...