Windows 10: How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode

Discus and support How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This guide will show you how to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate […] This article How to make Microsoft Edge always start in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 21, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode

WinClub, Sep 21, 2020

2. A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

What I I need is a reliable method of opening a website using EDGE 'InPrivate' Mode. It would have been nice to have a simple single command-line method but apparently this cannot be done.

On a system with a brand new install of Windows 10 that has been in use for only a few days (The only change being to make Chrome the default Browser) I can get the suggested "Microsoft-edge:" to work from Win+R but not from CLI so not sure how to accomplish this from a script.

I was able to get Chrome to open a specific website using Incognito Mode from a single line command but have had no luck at all using Edge. The last post I could find was on a Microsoft forum and perhaps indicates that there is no way to accomplish this.

Failing a simple method , is there any way to create a script in batch,PS or VBS that would accomplish the same thing?

questorfla, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Sep 21, 2020
  4. xsteveuk Win User

make edge inprivate everywhere

if you right click on your edge icon on the taskbar and then right click where it says Microsoft Edge
    And select properties

How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode [​IMG]

And change the default target
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default
    Remove --profile-directory=Default
    To Remember to leave a space -inprivate
    So it looks like
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" -inprivate

Your browser will always start in private mode

xsteveuk, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge always

2. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Microsoft Edge Inprivate browsing disabled for some reason?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Inprivate browsing disabled for some reason?: [ATTACH] I checked family.microsoft.com but I do not have a family group. submitted by /u/Auxes1s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie8v4i/microsoft_edge_inprivate_browsing_disabled_for/
  4. make edge inprivate everywhere

in Browsers and Email
    make edge inprivate everywhere: how do i make it edge start inprivate everywhere? for example, when I click on something on another program and it asks what program to open this link with. i want to click use edge every time but only if it does inprivate every time. 159613
  5. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode: Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get...
  6. A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode: What I I need is a reliable method of opening a website using EDGE 'InPrivate' Mode. It would have been nice to have a simple single command-line method but apparently this cannot be done. On a system with a brand new install of Windows 10 that has been in use for only a...
  7. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565
  8. New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge: Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does anybody have any help or suggestions as to how I can enable this feature as my searches and questions to other sites have left me...
  9. Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge: How to: Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Microsoft...
  10. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge InPrivate Browsing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge InPrivate Browsing in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge InPrivate Browsing in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge InPrivate Browsing in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...