Windows 10: How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened

Discus and support How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time, we close the Edge browser in a rush and forget that there were few critical pages which you should have bookmarked. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 29, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened

WinClub, Oct 29, 2019

2. Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 29, 2019
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    Google"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Oct 29, 2019
  4. st2evn Win User

Microsoft Edge still opens previous tabs when option is not selected

If Edge is closed by a forced shutdown it will recover all tabs when it is launched again. This is by design and the feature can be disabled in the registry. Alternatively, if you can manage to open a new tab, right-click on the new tab, press and hold the
    SHIFT key and select "Close other tabs". This will close all the other tabs and allow you to close Edge properly. If you're not able to open a new tab, disconnect the device from the Internet so it can't reload the pages and then try closing Edge.

st2evn, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge launch

2. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  3. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  4. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  5. Google opening tabs in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google opening tabs in Edge: I use Microsoft Edge & lately Google has been opening search tabs on it's own. It's like it is on a timer. I've ended up with as many as 8 new tabs at one point before I would close them. When I'm in the middle of something & it decides it's time to open a new tab it...
  6. Opening tabs on edge on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening tabs on edge on startup: For online schooling, I was wondering if there is a way to open Microsoft edge on start-up, and have it set to open these 3 specific tabs I always need every single day?...
  7. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  8. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser: [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This article How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  10. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make tabs visable all the time using edge in win 10