Windows 10: How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

Discus and support How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Nov 15, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN.

But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere.

MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan.

I try to get it from another machine across the lan and that machine tells me it cannot get it because 'it has been deleted'.

But I can go to that machine where the printer is and print from it no problem.

So it is working fine. and it used to work fine. and the record of it still exists on the 'other computers'.

But they think it is deleted and I can't print from it.

Is there any way I can fix that?

:)

abrogard, Nov 15, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Nov 15, 2020
  3. lampclock Win User
    printer on wireless lan

that's no good. got no disk. never installed it with one from the beginning. on various computers, various incarnations of win10.

point is prior to this sneaky update of 2004 the printer was accessible and working fine.

the printer is not a 'network' printer inasmuch as connected directly to the router - it is connected to a machine on the lan. It is local to that machine.

But since that guy helped out I now see that machine in explorer - and I see the printer hanging off it.

Prior to this wonderful update I installed the printer locally here simply by picking it from the list - it appeared on the list.

And then printed to it, no trouble.

Now it doesn't appear.

Though it does appear in network on explorer when I expand that machine it is connected to. with a printer icon. i.e. windows knows it's there, knows it's a printer but doesn't know it's there an doesn't know there's a printer available.

that's the state of play.

lampclock, Nov 15, 2020
  4. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

LAN Printer accessible, but will not print...

Can someone help me with this please...
    I have a Samsung LAN printer (model ML2251N) which I have configured with the (static) IP address 192.168.1.103. The

printer is not a wireless printer but is cabled to a wireless router. Using a wireless (Windows 10) laptop, I can access

the LAN printer and use it to print any document using all installed applications. Using this wireless laptop, I can also

access the Samsung print menu using a web brower and inserting the IP address 192.168.1.103. Now here's the thing; I've

also got a new (Windows 10) desktop PC and have cabled its LAN port to the wireless router. On this PC, I can also access

the Samsung printer menu via address 192.168.1.103, and can print a test sheet using the menu. But I can't print anything

using applications on the desktop PC. The document gets sent to the printer queue but an error message appears after some

seconds. The same result occurs if I send a `Print Test Page' using the printer properties window. Using `Troubleshoot' in

the printer context menu returns: `An unexpected error occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.'
    Any suggestions? Help appreciated.

MajorSparky, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

1. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN? - Similar Threads - LAN Printer appear

2. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  3. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  4. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  5. How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?

How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?: I have shared my e: drive okay but when I tried to set 'pictures' to shared it didn't work. The folder doesn't show up. Would it be because I didn't select any specific users? I didn't do that with the e: drive either and it didn't matter. And while I"m here I might ask...
  6. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  7. How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?

How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?: Build 1903 18362.1016 I have an HP laserjet wired into a computer on the Lan here by usb wire. It is a pretty old office type - a 3015. I'd like to access that printer from another computer on the Lan. Went to HP for help but didn't get any yet. Tried a few googled sites...
  8. How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?: Build 1903 18362.1016 I have an HP laserjet wired into a computer on the Lan here by usb wire. It is a pretty old office type - a 3015. I'd like to access that printer from another computer on the Lan. Went to HP for help but didn't get any yet. Tried a few googled sites...
  9. Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?: Hello again everyone. My issue is with a printer on my LAN that my new laptop doesn't see or discover. I've run all the diagnostics to no avail. I know there is a switch on this PC to enable discovering this printer but....you know...every so often I have re-do every setup...
  10. Printer setup on LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...