Windows 10: how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

Discus and support how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by msongs, Sep 16, 2019.

1. msongs Win User

how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin.

btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show things that I cannot find on my win 10

:)

msongs, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Shahjahan Win User

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT [​IMG]

how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT - Similar Threads - local user administrator

2. How to make my microsft account a local user easily on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my microsft account a local user easily on windows 11: I am not making a new account, please tell me how to convert my microsoft account into a local user, i wanted to use a lcoal user but i didnt know how at the time...
  3. How to make my microsft account a local user easily on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make my microsft account a local user easily on windows 11: I am not making a new account, please tell me how to convert my microsoft account into a local user, i wanted to use a lcoal user but i didnt know how at the time...
  4. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  5. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  6. How to make Onedrive folders store locally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Onedrive folders store locally?: A few months ago I moved every single Windows folders to Onedrive and now I want to move some back to store locally, but it keeps giving me the same error. I need some help, thank you....
  7. How to make Onedrive folders store locally?

How to make Onedrive folders store locally?: A few months ago I moved every single Windows folders to Onedrive and now I want to move some back to store locally, but it keeps giving me the same error. I need some help, thank you....
  8. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make me an Administrator - Make me a user: How do I become an administrator? If I am an administrator how do I remove administrative status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-me-an-administrator-make-me-a-user/b280a226-3ca3-47b0-99ce-e27386516824
  9. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  10. How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?: The previous question was never sufficiently answered. I spent all morning with Micosoft tech support trying to fix one of my afflicted laptops. I wonder if anyone else out there has a solution to this issue. My local user account is not accessible at login. The profile...