Windows 10: How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC? These below DOES NOT work! Press windows + x. Select control panel.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AzriSaleh, Jan 5, 2021.

1. AzriSaleh Win User

How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC?

These below DOES NOT work!

• Press windows + x.
    • Select control panel.
    • Select user account.
    • Select Manage user account.
    • Choose the local account you want it to be default.
    • Login with local account and restart.

The PC keeps defaulting to the standard local account and not my administrator Microsoft account.

:)

AzriSaleh, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC? :(

Zakin, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account default

2. How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?: Hello,My MS account was hacked and stolen like half a year ago, and I contacted MS support about it. They deleted my account and I lost a lot of stuff, but I can manage with another account. The problem now is that I can't delete the old Microsoft account from my PC without a...
  3. How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?: Hello,My MS account was hacked and stolen like half a year ago, and I contacted MS support about it. They deleted my account and I lost a lot of stuff, but I can manage with another account. The problem now is that I can't delete the old Microsoft account from my PC without a...
  4. how to make an account on windows the default account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make an account on windows the default account?: Hi, I Have made a new user local account. What I want to do it copy all data over and replace my current one and then remove my current account. This is due to my current account probably having corrupt files. I have tried trouble shooting this with multiple people and the...
  5. how to make an account on windows the default account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make an account on windows the default account?: Hi, I Have made a new user local account. What I want to do it copy all data over and replace my current one and then remove my current account. This is due to my current account probably having corrupt files. I have tried trouble shooting this with multiple people and the...
  6. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?: I have two accounts on my windows 10 pc. one is for my kid - daniel - and one for me. my account is also the administratorfor some reason my administrator account appears connected to my son's email and this seems to prevent me from being able to install minecraft legends...
  7. How to make Microsoft account parent account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Microsoft account parent account?: I got Xbox game Pass for PC recently, but I noticed that some of the games are hidden due to Parental settings. When I search for 'Doom: Eternal', for example, it tells me "Due to your age, search results may be filtered." I'm well over 18 years old, so I don't see where the...
  8. How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?: Hey there, it's been like 7 months since I built this computer, completely fine, just Windows 10 is giving a hard time. A month ago, a problem occurred. The problem is that my account changed to a standard account, even though it was an admin account, and now I can't download...
  9. Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC

Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC: I just installed my Windows 10 PC this Tuesday and installed all bunch of software that I need for my work and hobbies. That's a lot of apps and time spent on installing and setting them up. Then today, I just found that I logged in a local Windows 10 account, but once I...
  10. How to remove one microsoft account on my PC(windows 10)

How to remove one microsoft account on my PC(windows 10): I wanted to delete the microsoft account that is used to set up my new laptop but it says that it will delete some apps and datas. I just want to use my old microsoft account. [ATTACH]...