Windows 10: How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

Discus and support How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is nvidia and I use hd cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mazenmohammad, Jan 19, 2022.

1. How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is nvidia and I use hd cable.

:)

mazenmohammad, Jan 19, 2022

2. Turning Off PC changes behavior of graphic card

Dec 28 2017 - - the latest Win 10 upgrade has affected 1 PC's graphic card. This PC has a dual monitor set up. I have narrowed it down to this:

* If one turns off the PC by pressing and holding the power button - - then the next time the PC is turned on everything is ok.

* If one turns off the PC using the normal software Off at the Windows icon - - then the next time the PC is turned on only 1 monitor is alive.

I need to note that the single monitor situation: the monitor that is alive is not the primary monitor - meaning that it doesn't have the desktop icons for one but more importantly anything selected from specialty keys or the Windows icon can't be seen because
    they always open initially in the primary monitor. So in this mode I'm not able to negotiate to task manager or settings.

Someone has suggested that it sounds like the software Off is only putting it to sleep. But I don't know to what extent this is a key to a fix.

All worked okay for years until now and while I do have this hard turn off as a work around, would welcome advice on returning to the normal software off method.

AnswersProfileIdentity, Jan 19, 2022
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 19, 2022
  4. How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

PC turn on, but no graphic on monitor

are sure it turn on? not shut down by it self
    if you dont move anything
    i suggest try to put the board off from the case and re test again

micropage7, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

1. How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is... - Similar Threads - monitor turns off

2. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  3. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  4. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??: Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see...
  6. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??: Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see...
  7. How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...: How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is nvidia and I use hd cable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-monitor-turns-off-when-i-shut/d8023ab3-cae0-457f-9649-e2e98157adf5
  8. How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is...: How to make my pc monitor turns off when I shut down the pc? note: my graphics card is nvidia and I use hd cable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-monitor-turns-off-when-i-shut/d8023ab3-cae0-457f-9649-e2e98157adf5
  9. AltGr makes my PC shut down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AltGr makes my PC shut down?: recently the AltGr key on the keyboard shut down my PC without warning AltGr lässt meinen PC herunterfahren?
  10. How can I make my pc "shut down" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I make my pc "shut down" ?: My HP laptop is using Win 10...… Most of the time it will not " shut down "...… this is very annoying and not good for the pc to be turned off by holding down the power button. I tried holding down the "shift" key when I pushed shut down...…. it even worked for awhile,...