Windows 10: How to make my PC settings back up to OneDrive again?

Discus and support How to make my PC settings back up to OneDrive again? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue getting my PC to back up to OneDrive. When I go to the website and go to "Device backups", it just says "You don’t have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveJB, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SteveJB Win User

How to make my PC settings back up to OneDrive again?

Hi,

I'm having an issue getting my PC to back up to OneDrive. When I go to the website and go to "Device backups", it just says "You don’t have any devices that are backing up settings to OneDrive.".

Here's what I did when I installed Windows 10, as I think something I did might have broken the syncing: -

1. I did an upgrade to 10, then a totally clean install.

2. I set OneDrive up and chose a couple of folders to sync.

3. I went to the OneDrive website and checked the Device backups section and there were 3 or 4 backups there. My current computer was listed there, but the date of the backup was fairly old. I decided to delete all of them so I could start over. When deleting them I got a message that included the words "We'll also turn off setting backups for this device", but I thought that wouldn't be a problem as I could just turn it back on again. I went ahead and deleted all of the backups.

4. I went into the sync settings in Windows 10 and everything was already turned on, so I assumed that some time in the near future a backup would appear on OneDrive, but it didn't.

Here's the things I've tried in order to try and fix this: -

1. Turning sync on and off.

2. Unlinking my computer from OneDrive and then linking it again.

3. Running the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter. This popped up a message that said "The following settings have sync turned off: Installed apps", but the troubleshooter didn't fix that and I see nowhere I can turn that back on - if that's even related to this problem.

4. Logging in with my account as a local account, then switching back to using a Microsoft account again. I saw a couple of other people say that this fixed the issue for them, but it didn't for me.

I'm guessing that when I deleted the device backup and it said "we'll also turn off setting backups for this device" it flipped a switch somewhere to "off", but how on earth do I flip it back to "on" again?

Many thanks for any help!

:)

SteveJB, Aug 19, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

How do I backup my lumia 830 with micro SD card

Can't backup phone to SD card. You can backup contacts and SMS to SD with an app.

When you use settings, backup: You save phone settings SMS, app list and some app data to your OneDrive.

Music and data are not backed up, do this yourself to the PC. As you take photos they can be backed up to your OneDrive. Set your phone to backup pics to OneDrive when you start using the phone.

A phone reset will restore the OS

Back up my stuff

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff

garym123, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Point "This PC>Documents" to local file (NOT OneDrive)

When I set up my new Windows 10 machine OneDrive was automatically set up for me. I went along, but have quickly realised I don't want to use it. Now I find that several of the links under "My PC" point to OneDrive folders that I deleted.

I do not want to restore, restart or reconfigure my OneDrive

I want to make all entries under "My PC" link to the folders in my local library (e.g. username/documents or username/images).

How can I do this?

Jetro de Château, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

How to make my PC settings back up to OneDrive again?

1. How to make my PC settings back up to OneDrive again? - Similar Threads - settings OneDrive again

2. How do I get my PC experience back to normal after setting up OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my PC experience back to normal after setting up OneDrive?: I built my brother a PC and put a fresh Win 11 install, but at some point while I was away he signed up for/ enabled OneDrives takeover of the computer.Now for some odd reason the main Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. are all on the SSD but within a folder called...
  3. How do I get my PC experience back to normal after setting up OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my PC experience back to normal after setting up OneDrive?: I built my brother a PC and put a fresh Win 11 install, but at some point while I was away he signed up for/ enabled OneDrives takeover of the computer.Now for some odd reason the main Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. are all on the SSD but within a folder called...
  4. How do I set up my pin again?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I set up my pin again?: I tried fixing a glitch on my computer following advice on here but now I’m logged out of my account. The login screen says ‘something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set your PIN up again’ I’ve tried other things but nothing has worked I even tried the repair...
  5. How do I set up my pin again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up my pin again?: I tried fixing a glitch on my computer following advice on here but now I’m logged out of my account. The login screen says ‘something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set your PIN up again’ I’ve tried other things but nothing has worked I even tried the repair...
  6. How do I set up my pin again?

7. How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?: Hello Microsoft,I am willing to upgrade my NVMe because sadly, I only have one slot, so I need to clean install Windows 11. I don't want to waste much time when I reinstall it on the computer. So I ticked a box in backup settings which supposed to save my windows settings...
  8. How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?

How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?: Hello Microsoft,I am willing to upgrade my NVMe because sadly, I only have one slot, so I need to clean install Windows 11. I don't want to waste much time when I reinstall it on the computer. So I ticked a box in backup settings which supposed to save my windows settings...
  9. Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...

Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...: For some time, I have been using OneDrive on my 'phone (successfully, but limited to only a few files and photos). I've now tried to set it up on my Laptop, with a view to linking and uploading all my files - Documents, Pictures etc. However, in the setup 'wizard', I'm...
  10. OneDrive does not show Backed up device settings

OneDrive does not show Backed up device settings: Hey Everyone, First Windows 10 64Bit fresh install Desktop Machine I turned on my OneDrive and checked that all sync settings are turn on but when I go to OneDrive.com I can not see any backup for my device (In the option Device backups). I tried to turn off and on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. You don’t have any devices that are backing up settings to OneDrive.

2. you don’t have any devices that are backing up settings to onedrive

3. onedrive says i dont have any devices backing up to there

4. hiw to backup Lumia but not on onedrive