Windows 10: How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode

Discus and support How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 computer. I want to make my NIC off while my computer sleep, to make sure none could connect it remotely or push any software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElaVid, Sep 24, 2019.

1. ElaVid Win User

How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode

I am using windows 10 computer. I want to make my NIC off while my computer sleep, to make sure none could connect it remotely or push any software from backend. Only when i wake my computer manually, NIC should be ON.

:)

ElaVid, Sep 24, 2019
  2. zhelev81 Win User

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

Hello guys,

I have configured my computer to wake up remotely from outside my network.

How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode [​IMG]

the thing is that, when I wake up my pc, it takes more than one minute the NIC to connect to the network.

How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode [​IMG]

is there a way to fix this, by telling the card to stay always on in sleep mode ?

zhelev81, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Scotallan Win User

Replacment Nic Card Troubles

Got A Question> I Have A Dell Latitude Laptop Running A Dell DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Network Adapter PCI And Want to Upgrade The NIc Card But Can't Find A Replacemnet card For Under $25;00 Dose Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To Were to find A Intel NIC Card With Blu Tooth?
    Thanks

Scotallan, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make NIC card off while computer in sleep mode - Similar Threads - NIC card off

2. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  3. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  4. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  6. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  7. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  8. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  9. Network Card NIC losing connection when PC sleeps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Card NIC losing connection when PC sleeps: Forgive me for the long post, but I wanted to give all the information I could up front. I am encountering a very frustrating problem for which I have yet to find an answer despite HOURS of research on forum after forum. The answers are always the same, and they have not...
  10. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....