Windows 10: How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

Discus and support How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit", only Open. I tried running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lazar_R, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Lazar_R Win User

How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit", only Open.

I tried running Notepad++ as administrator, Setting>Preferences>File association, and registered both html and txt extensions, but it did not achieve anything. By the way, the txt file only edit with Notepad, no option to edit with Notepad++, but as I said, html files don't have edit option at all.

My default web browser is set to Chrome if it makes a difference.

:)

Lazar_R, Jan 11, 2021
  2. PaulH7 Win User

default html editor

Greetings all.I'm using Windows 10 with Firefox, and the default html editor is the basic version of Notepad. I'd like to change the default editor to Notepad++. Ate the end, what I'd like to do is right click on a web page, and when the right click menu
    appears, I'd like to click on view page source, and have the source code appear on Notepad++ by default. Help.

PaulH7, Jan 11, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Suggestion: you might like to consider e.g. Notepad++
    Notepad++ Home
    instead of Word as it helps you with HTML syntax & code structure.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2021
  4. How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

Agree with most replies above - Notepad is a basic editor.

the only reason im looking for a new notepad is to have a newer feel or something a bit more metro/ modern

calculator, calendar etc; all have been redesigned

Best notepad apps - Windows 10 - Appy Ninja

some 3rd party options that have a bit more gui:
    FluentNotepad
    Notepad Classic
    ModernNote
    Syncplify.me Notepad
    Notepad7
    Notepad8
    NOTEPAD RT
    Modern Notepad

xboxhaxorz, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

1. How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Notepad++ html editor

2. i created a html document in notepad with a html extension, i'm not able to find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i created a html document in notepad with a html extension, i'm not able to find it: i created a html document in notepad with a html extension probably half a month ago, when i tried to search upon that file i'm not able to find it please help it was efforts of 4 months. i tried to search with every file name i knew but was failed, everytime i searched it in...
  3. HTML in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML in Notepad: I was instructed to use Notepad as my text editor. How do I stop it from adding the .txt extension when I save the file index.html, even with "All Files *.* and UTYF-8u are selected?...
  4. HTML in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML in Notepad: I was instructed to use Notepad as my text editor. How do I stop it from adding the .txt extension when I save the file index.html, even with "All Files *.* and UTYF-8u are selected?...
  5. HTML in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HTML Editor with HTML Validation

HTML Editor with HTML Validation: Anyone know of a good HTML editor that has a built in validation tool like this: [ATTACH] Thanks, Sonnie
  7. How to save Notepad file in HTML and PDF format in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to save Notepad file in HTML and PDF format in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this article, we will explain the process to save a Notepad file in HTML and PDF format. Notepad is a text editor software in Windows computers that lets users create and edit documents. By default, it saves a file in .txt format. But you may not know that you can...
  8. How to make Notepad black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Notepad black?: [img] 127197
  9. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor: OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded]. The Internet Options page for HTML editing on my PC only allows me to choose Notepad. How do I add to the drop down menu WORD or is this desired...
  10. Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open

Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open: Have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The Coffeecup HTML Editor is now slow to open. The box which says do you wish to allow this app to make changes to your computer comes up quickly. Then the circle and cursor start to shudder and it takes 12 secs for editor to open....