Windows 10: how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

Discus and support how to make "Only allow these websites" easier? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bin Jing, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Bin Jing Win User

how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or approve each individual web page even if it's from the same websitedomain.

for example

add website http://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com is not enough,

I have to add each individual page, or my daughter sends each request to me,

http://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com/?level=12.00&p=524

http://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com/?level=12.00&p=487

http://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com/?level=12.00&p=chapter9

http://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com/programs/cc2019/geom/page0509.xhtml

how can I just add the domain, so all web pages under that domain can be accessed?

Thank

BJing

:)

Bin Jing, Apr 8, 2020

2. Only allow certain websites option missing

This was NOT helpful. According to this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits you are supposed to enable a feature to only see websites on the allowed list. I've copied the section and highlighted it below.

To set up website restrictions

• Select Websites, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On.

Now, adult content is blocked, InPrivate browsing is blocked, and BingSafeSearch is on.

• If you want your child to only see websites that you've explicity allowed, check the box next to Only see websites on the allowed list.

This checkbox was there before, but now after upgrading to windows 10 it is MISSING.

Please re-enable that check box. ASAP!

sthorpe2000, Apr 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 8, 2020
  4. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

1. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier? - Similar Threads - allow websites easier

2. Allow downloads from certain websites only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow downloads from certain websites only: Hello,I am trying to set up policies on a standard account on my machine, running under Windows 11 Pro. I added a policy in the register editor to block all downloads from Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge setting DownloadRestrictions to 3 in the register editor. However, I...
  3. Allow downloads from certain websites only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow downloads from certain websites only: Hello,I am trying to set up policies on a standard account on my machine, running under Windows 11 Pro. I added a policy in the register editor to block all downloads from Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge setting DownloadRestrictions to 3 in the register editor. However, I...
  4. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  5. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  6. Parental Controls - only allow these websites not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls - only allow these websites not working: Hi there - please can someone help me with Parental controls on my computer? In the parental controlled section of my Microsoft account. The "Only allow these websites" options isnt working. I have the latest version of Windows. Thanks, Fiona...
  7. Making window resizing easier

in Windows 10 Support
    Making window resizing easier: Is there any way to change how close the mouse pointer has to be to a window border in order to resize it? On my system (running version 1909) the pointer has to be within a few pixels of the border in order to get it to turn into the double-ended arrow, which can be kind of...
  8. How to make it easier to ask your question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make it easier to ask your question: Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about? [ATTACH] You're about to find out ... It's a helpful way for people to ask questions in the Microsoft Community forums. I'll bet you didn't know that you could insert a table in the...
  9. how to allow access to a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to allow access to a website: how to allow browser access to a web site that is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-access-to-a-website/0d49faaf-c5b9-4d7a-87e2-f84f7399e470
  10. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read: When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck,...