Windows 10: how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server?

Discus and support how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i am using microsoft outlook for windows 10. i have configured it to access an email account in POP mode. question 1) is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by b1geci86, Jan 9, 2019.

1. b1geci86 Win User

how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server?

hello,

i am using microsoft outlook for windows 10. i have configured it to access an email account in POP mode.

question 1) is it possible to configure it to access an email account in POP3 mode instead? as POP3 is superior to POP. or maybe it already is actually running in POP3 mode (even though it indicates that it is running in POP mode)?

question 2) is it possible to make microsoft outlook delete email messages on the email server when you delete the same messages it retrieved from the server within outlook? the discontinued microsoft Windows Live Mail could do that, how can i make outlook do the same?

thank you everyone who can help.

:)

b1geci86, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server? [​IMG]

how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server? [​IMG]

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Jan 9, 2019
  4. JJG10 Win User

how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server?

How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it.

Is there a setting that will make the Mail App leave it on the server as Outlook does?

Thank you.

JJG10, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server? - Similar Threads - outlook running POP

2. Outlook deleting recent mails

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook deleting recent mails: I am running Outlook and after the last two Windows updates am finding that messages are being deleted that have only been recently sent to me. Also is there a way of recovering some of the missing emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 179062
  3. Connecting Outlook email to POP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting Outlook email to POP server: I have a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail. Using the same connection settings to my POP server, I have tried to connect using Outlook on my new Windows 10 PC. Will not connect. It will also not connect on my Windows 10 laptop. I have also tried with a legacy copy of WLM...
  4. How to run Outlook in normal mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run Outlook in normal mode?: Outlook will run only in safe mode. How to have it into normal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-outlook-in-normal-mode/1c42d28e-dfee-470b-94b6-80882b303999
  5. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  6. deleting outlook mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting outlook mail account: how do I permanently delete my outlook mail account using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-outlook-mail-account/06bcc1ab-a169-45db-a243-e582485f25ea
  7. How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time: Outlook mail saves sent messages in the sent folder. I'd like to have those messages deleted after a period of time, like 90 days. Is there a way to make this happen automatically? Other sites suggest right clicking the sent folder in Outlook, and selecting "properties",...
  8. Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 Mail deleting from the server: Hi, I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails on the actual server. I want the server to remain intact so others can read things of interest to them. Is this possible in...
  9. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...
  10. How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

in Browsers and Email
    How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account: I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook windows10 pop3 delete from server