Windows 10: How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]

Discus and support How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says , I currently have Windows 10 as well as Elementary os installed in my laptop . Is there any way that i can access my partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4ROHIT7, Feb 16, 2021.

1. How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]

As the title says , I currently have Windows 10 as well as Elementary os installed in my laptop .

Is there any way that i can access my partitions that are made from windows 10 and use to read and write data in Elementary os .

submitted by /u/4ROHIT7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4ROHIT7, Feb 16, 2021

2. Dualboot remove OS

So I have recently made a dualboot on my PC because one of the boots is a REALLY destroyed version of windows (it misses some important drivers and the registry has been infected/harmed). I then have a COMPLETELY clean version of Windows, but my C and
    D drive still has all the files on the destroyed version of windows. How can I get rid of those and just have a completely new system?

Phillip420, Feb 16, 2021
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Feb 16, 2021
  4. How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]

Dualbooting Windows for CUDA

I'm thinking about picking up a 8800gs or something like that to mess around with CUDA. The thing is I'm running a 4850. I don't want any driver conflictions, so I thought about dualbooting 2 separate OSes, one with ATi drivers, and the other with CUDA drivers. Whenever I want to game I'd swap out the card and boot into the correct OS. Would this work? Is there an easier way? I'd like to keep my 4850 for now.

RandomSunchips, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]

1. How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot] - Similar Threads - partitons accessible both

2. After installing Windows 10,I had 2 OS,but how to dualboot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10,I had 2 OS,but how to dualboot?: I installed Windows 10 and Windows 11 inside my Lenovo ideapad 330S laptop,but how to dualboot it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10i-had-2-osbut-how-to/5e3688ff-ec8c-4a27-9803-96f461248647
  3. After installing Windows 10,I had 2 OS,but how to dualboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing Windows 10,I had 2 OS,but how to dualboot?: I installed Windows 10 and Windows 11 inside my Lenovo ideapad 330S laptop,but how to dualboot it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10i-had-2-osbut-how-to/5e3688ff-ec8c-4a27-9803-96f461248647
  4. After installing Windows 10,I had 2 OS,but how to dualboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?: On Thursday 26 Jan 2023 around 2 AM i left my laptop on right after i was looking for a cracked software for graphic designing etc . This time i was using a USB mass Storage external HDD. i woke up the next day and it wasnt connected and connecting for some reason . i checked...
  6. Windows Partiton !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Partiton !: So, I recently Re-Installed windows 10 from Microsoft and not the from the dell software so that i don't want to deal with dells crap crashing and using my cpu resources all the time. but i noticed there are different partition showing below u can refer to these partition....
  7. How to identify the current boot partiton

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to identify the current boot partiton: I occasionally get a PC to "freshen up" that has multiple System Reserved Partitions, generally having been upgraded from Win 7 to something newer. I know how to identify the current Recovery Partition using DISKPART => List Partition and REagentC /info from the DOS prompt....
  8. Dualboot remove OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dualboot remove OS: So I have recently made a dualboot on my PC because one of the boots is a REALLY destroyed version of windows (it misses some important drivers and the registry has been infected/harmed). I then have a COMPLETELY clean version of Windows, but my C and D drive still has all...
  9. PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.: I had a dual boot win10/win8 which I have now upgraded to both win10. I chose "remove everything" when upgrading from Win8 to Win10 which should leave me with just a default Windows 10 installation I was hoping. When I look at the amount to disc space used on the harddisc...
  10. Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition: Alright, strange title, I know. The reason I ask this is because for the past week I'm trying to get a dual boot arch linux/windows 10 on my PC. I have made plenty of dual boots before but never encoutered such difficulties doing so. A quick set-up of what I have inside...