Windows 10: How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive?

Discus and support How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! So recently I built my new pc and I put windows on my SSD. Because of this, all my photos and videos are stored on my SSD (which I don't want).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CypherIsBad, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive?

Hello! So recently I built my new pc and I put windows on my SSD. Because of this, all my photos and videos are stored on my SSD (which I don't want). Is there a way to make it so my photo and video library is stored on my HDD? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/CypherIsBad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CypherIsBad, Sep 28, 2020

2. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Photos and external hard drive problem

Hello,

I have an external hard drive full of photos. I am hoping to link these photos to the Windows 10 Photos app without moving them to the laptop's internal hard drive. I want them to stay on the external drive and, furthermore, want any new photos added (from
    my phone, for example) to go to this external hard drive as well.

I have already changed the pathways of where Pictures will be saved to this hard drive.

Anyway, plugged in the external hard drive full of photos and overnight the Photos app pulled found them, organized them by date, etc. All seemed well. Later that day, however, I closed Photos and then removed the hard drive. Later reconnected the hard
    drive and started Photos but there was nothing on Photos! The program apparently needs to re-find the photos and rebuild the library every time I plug in the hard drive...this takes hours. Am I missing a process that would allow the Photos app to remember
    the library whenever I plug in the hard drive?

Thanks!

TobiasMaximus, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive?

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive?

1. How to Make Photos Library Saved on My Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - Photos Library Saved

2. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make my hard drive reappear: my computer was missing icons on some system apps, I tried fixing it but couldnt, so I factory reset it, plus my computer was a mess, everything was fine til I noticed there was an unused folder in my D drive called WindowsApps that I couldn't delete because the permissions...
  3. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my hard drive reappear: my computer was missing icons on some system apps, I tried fixing it but couldnt, so I factory reset it, plus my computer was a mess, everything was fine til I noticed there was an unused folder in my D drive called WindowsApps that I couldn't delete because the permissions...
  4. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?: Can someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-make-a-ps3-hard-drive-into-a-pc-hard/519c2f8d-5bca-47fb-90de-2899485f7da5
  6. How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?

How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?: Can someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-make-a-ps3-hard-drive-into-a-pc-hard/519c2f8d-5bca-47fb-90de-2899485f7da5
  7. How to make screenshots save into the hard drive instead of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make screenshots save into the hard drive instead of OneDrive?: I really don't like the fact that it saves in OneDrive because sometimes, OneDrive gets desynced and doesn't save the screenshots at all. And no, don't tell me to use snipping tool, paint, etc. to do screenshots because I intend on screenshotting in-game. submitted by...
  8. Saving to my hard disk drive

Saving to my hard disk drive: I have changed the location in which new apps, games, and just about everything else is saved to however I am trying to download this game but it keeps saying I have no more space. I went to check if this was true and the drive and even my (D) had the majority of empty space...
  9. How do my make my terabyte hard drive my main drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do my make my terabyte hard drive my main drive?: My C Drive is only 110 GB, but I have a TB hard drive. Could someone please tell me how I could make my 2nd HD my main drive? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-my-make-my-terabyte-hard-drive-my-main/0b1f79e2-8012-4989-94d8-bfd0015bc71c"
  10. How to auto save on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to auto save on an external hard drive: I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every...