Windows 10: How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

Discus and support How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidRix, Sep 24, 2022.

1. DavidRix Win User

How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all other partitions so they are really clean.How do I do this ?This is the Disk Mgmt view

:)

DavidRix, Sep 24, 2022
  2. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How to make primary disk ready to sell  Win10 :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10 - Similar Threads - primary disk ready

2. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  3. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  4. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10: Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all other partitions so they are really clean.How do I do this ?This is the Disk Mgmt view...
  6. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10: Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all other partitions so they are really clean.How do I do this ?This is the Disk Mgmt view...
  7. How to make 10G eth primary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make 10G eth primary?: I bought a 10G eth card that does not support WOL, I sometimes need to access my pc and need to wake it up so I have connected my onboard 1G eth up and changed the metric values so the 10G has a value of 2 and the 1G has a value of 10 but I am still seeing it being used when...
  8. Selling Win10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selling Win10 laptop.: How do I deactivate Windows 10 so I can sell a laptop and have the new owner reactivate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selling-win10-laptop/dde98ebb-e568-4373-90a1-3a0328e9e639"
  9. active primary disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    active primary disk: Hello, So i was trying to create a recovery drive on my SSd card, because my 2 usb 's are used for a mouse and history file. Turning on my history file it had a message saying "You're not to have a system file on a removable drive." I went into disk...
  10. Process for selling a computer with Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Process for selling a computer with Win10: I've been digging through lots of tutorials and forums trying to figure out the best path for preparing an older computer for sale, while leaving Windows 10 available to the buyer. I have an older HP Slimline that shipped with Windows 7. I upgraded successfully to Windows 10,...