Windows 10: how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

Discus and support how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want "why?" as response so background first. I have a PC with ultra fast Pentium 4 3.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM, 60GB IDE HDD as a boot drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WinBoky, Feb 18, 2019.

1. WinBoky Win User

how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

I don't want "why?" as response so background first.

I have a PC with ultra fast Pentium 4 3.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM, 60GB IDE HDD as a boot drive and freshly installed Windows 10 PRO (PLEASE don't ask why) which was used only for Power Point presentation. Now it is assigned a new job. Not just presentation, but also real time 480p 29.97fps video capturing which the processor can handle with ease but the Hard disk, It uses old IDE and runs at smooth 10mbps (bits not bytes) that's like 1.2 megabytes per second. so for 480i 29.97 fps capturing, which has bit rate of 8,000,000bps which is 1 megabytes per second so in theory it should work right? NO! because this hard drive is a boot drive and constantly loading stuff so I get choppy and unstable video at the end.

now I happen to have set of 3 4GB USB 2.0 flash memories and the video usually eat up about 6GB after about 1.5 hours of recording per session.

I have 0, ZERO budget to get a new flash drive or get a SSD with SATA to USB convertor because this project is not mine.

Now to the question :

"How can I make a software RAID-0 of 2 (or more) USB flash memory which is removable."

Microsoft's in-house solution (disk management) does not allow me to make a RAID of removable drives so I tried to find a third party software that does this but am I blind I couldn't find one, and bitt flipping or what not to trick removable drives into fixed doesn't work.

I hope that someone knows a great third party software that creates a RAID-0 of whatever drive it'd be the best but, enough babbling.

How do I make a raid-0 of 2 USB flash memories?

:)

WinBoky, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Raid 0 help

You need to resize your NTFS partition. Run (Super + R; the run dialog box) and execute "diskmgmt.msc". You'll see that your RAID-0 is only partitioned to half of the array's size. Converting a disk to RAID doesn't do anything to the size of your partitions.

Aquinus, Feb 18, 2019
  4. how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

1. how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory? - Similar Threads - RAID USB flash

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  4. creating Raid 0 fails

creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  5. Making a Flashed USB into a normal USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a Flashed USB into a normal USB: How to make a pen drive where the USB flash drive of Windows is there i.e a flashed Pendrive to a normal Pendrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-flashed-usb-into-a-normal-usb/a3623ef1-6634-4fa9-b715-00c5de1576b5
  6. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  7. How to delete RAID 0 array

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete RAID 0 array: Hi, I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving some files. Tried eliminating the HDD from the array, but it won´t let me (stuck at 0,04% use for months) Tried from the...
  8. Windows Raid 0, how to save?

Windows Raid 0, how to save?: I have a computer I built with a 1TB SSD on the motherboard my windows was loaded on. I have two drives set up as Raid 0 through Windows 10 with important data on them that isn't fully backed up. The SSD appears to have gone bad with my Windows on it, preventing the...
  9. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...
  10. Make USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make USB Flash Drive: I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?: 8461