Windows 10: How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

Discus and support How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Registry Editor is an in-built utility that comes with the Windows 10 OS. It contains all the low-level hierarchical data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

WinClub, Mar 1, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Primary mouse button default changes on restart

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit
      Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
      Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse
    • In the right pane, change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart - Similar Threads - Registry changes effect

2. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  3. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  4. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  6. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  7. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I got a problem with the registry editor. I want to set my keyboard response rate really low. In the screenshot you can see what I've changed it to. I think the repeat delay was 1000 before or something. Anyway I don't get any notification that there...
  9. Registry not taking effect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry not taking effect?: I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not...
  10. How to take into effect to a registry editing by command line script

How to take into effect to a registry editing by command line script: How to take into effect to a registry editing which modifies HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, by command line / script ? anyone know how to take it into effect with restarting OS, or sign it out and login it back.. thanks in...