Windows 10: How to make screenshot of the start menu?

Discus and support How to make screenshot of the start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin_KK, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Kevin_KK Win User

How to make screenshot of the start menu?

I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure:

1. Open "SnippingTool"
    2. Set a delay, say, 5 seconds
    3. Click "New"
    4. Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up
    5. 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot.

However, after the fifth step, the start menu is still editable. While I expect it to be masked by a translucent white indicating I can make screenshot over it, it's not the case. In fact, I must click somewhere to enable screenshot on start menu. Is there any better/straightforward way to make screenshot of the start menu? Thanks!

:)

Kevin_KK, Sep 30, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Sep 30, 2018
  3. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Sep 30, 2018
  4. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

How to make screenshot of the start menu?

1. How to make screenshot of the start menu? - Similar Threads - screenshot start menu

2. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...: VideoThere is no such thing in the browser and I TURNED OFF the KEYBOARD, so I think the problem is not with the keyboard. I REBOOTED the COMPUTER and did a rollback. I tried to change the key sticking settings. Nothing helped. I don't know how to formulate a question in...
  3. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...: VideoThere is no such thing in the browser and I TURNED OFF the KEYBOARD, so I think the problem is not with the keyboard. I REBOOTED the COMPUTER and did a rollback. I tried to change the key sticking settings. Nothing helped. I don't know how to formulate a question in...
  4. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. making screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    making screenshots: how can I make screenshot to the screenshot folder in pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-screenshots/f3489894-6c3a-40a7-a494-7378671b7d9f
  6. how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu: New to this forum so may not get this process right. I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first. The classic...
  7. How do I make a screenshot

How do I make a screenshot: I'm using Windows 10 Home pro, On a HP Compac Elite 8300 small form factor Desktop PC ... What is a easy to make a screenshot,,, can I do it without having to use the snipping tool... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...
  8. How to make a screenshot?

How to make a screenshot?: How to make a screenshot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-screenshot/0aea5e04-ab88-4638-a432-bb4da7c8dc45
  9. how to make a screenshot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to make a screenshot: how to make a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-screenshot/d5e05f9e-9806-4034-a8ac-5677af7c63ed
  10. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?: I would like to get a screen shot of the start menu. I tried it with the Snipping Tool but when I click on the Snipping Tool, the start menu closes. I have build 10074. 5772

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hold start menu while screenshot