Windows 10: How to make SD card default storage for windows 10

Discus and support How to make SD card default storage for windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus vivobook that has no ssd or hard drive, so it doesnt function besides the boot menu. I was wondering if it is possible to use a micro SD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawn Lara, Jun 7, 2019.

1. How to make SD card default storage for windows 10

I have an Asus vivobook that has no ssd or hard drive, so it doesnt function besides the boot menu. I was wondering if it is possible to use a micro SD card as a means of storage to install windows on.

I put the micro sd into the laptop and then the usb that i use to boot windows. While going through 'windows setup' a screen pops up saying "select the driver to install," but my sd card does not show up.

Is there a way to set up the sd card as a "driver?" Is there ANY way to format the sd card to make it behave like an ssd or hard drive? Please help and forgive me but im not smart with computers.

:)

Shawn Lara, Jun 7, 2019
  2. user6867 Win User

SD Card Storage not appearing windows

I recently partitioned my sd card (100gb exfat and 20gb ext4) so I could install apps on the sd card using link2sd. Everything worked out except that the sd card storage (100gb) doesn't show up in windows any more (just phone storage). This means I have to take out my sd card and put it in the computer to put things on it. Obviously, I would rather be able to just plug the phone straight to the pc with usb. How do I get sd card storage again to appear in windows?

user6867, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Booting Windows 10 on MacBook Pro via SD Card

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and I've always had this problem with storage. Sure, 128 GB is definitely enough, but having a Windows 10 partition at the same time completely reduces the amount of storage required for normal day to day usage for me. I found a solution where I would have an external MicroSD card with an adapter that fits in flush within the SD card slot so that it's portable as if it was never there. Although I'm aware that an SD card would slow things down, I still would like to boot Windows off of the 128 GB MicroSD card. After searching around the internet for a while, I still haven't found a way to do it. Here is what I have so far:

• A Windows 10 ISO image
    • A working VM of Windows 10 (will be deleted later)
    • Using a program called WintoUSB, the entire VM to my SD card
    • A .dmg file of the SD card contents

The SD card I have does contain the full suite of the required Windows drivers. I haven't tried because I haven't been able to yet, but from the given information, all I need to know at the moment is how to boot from the SD card. If it is required, I am OK with reinstalling any software or doing any steps over again.

Joshua Liu, Jun 7, 2019
  4. How to make SD card default storage for windows 10

micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

How to make SD card default storage for windows 10

1. How to make SD card default storage for windows 10 - Similar Threads - card default storage

2. How to use SD card for internal storage on Windows?

in Windows 10 News
    How to use SD card for internal storage on Windows?: [IMG]The lack of storage space on a PC is something that we all come across, and we wish there were a cheap and effective solution to expand the storage without affecting the overall look and adding extra cables to our PCs. In such a case, you can use an SD Card as internal...
  3. Maximum storage capacity SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum storage capacity SD card: What is the maximum storage capacity SD card that will work with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-storage-capacity-sd-card/a9bae132-9705-4e56-a64e-93eed2a557ba
  4. Maximum storage capacity SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum storage capacity SD card: What is the maximum storage capacity SD card that will work with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-storage-capacity-sd-card/a9bae132-9705-4e56-a64e-93eed2a557ba
  5. Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...: I'm thinking that maybe it is and the only difference is how big it is physically and what slot it goes in. I wouldn't think that the chips inside are any different, if that's what they're called....
  6. Windows 10 SD CARD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SD CARD: Can you update Windows 10 with a SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sd-card/097be191-4914-4006-8d5e-647252425016
  7. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  8. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  9. SD card as permanent storage, how to back it up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card as permanent storage, how to back it up?: Hi All, I have a client with a Microsoft Surface device that was purchased with insufficient internal storage for her day to day use. We used the SD card slot to add a card and expand storage - a option recognised by Microsoft...
  10. How to make a system recovery disk on a SD-card

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make a system recovery disk on a SD-card: Hi! I am using a small tablet with Windows on it. It already has little space (32GB which is actually 29 GB), with Windows eating up a ton of space. Now, with a virtual partition on the tablet reserved for system recovery, I have less than 5 GB left, not enough for Windows...