Windows 10: How to make segoe script my system font?

Discus and support How to make segoe script my system font? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I jumped over from Ubuntu, and seoge script most closely resembles the system font I was using, but I can't find a way to change to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darkamian, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Darkamian Win User

How to make segoe script my system font?

I jumped over from Ubuntu, and seoge script most closely resembles the system font I was using, but I can't find a way to change to it.

:)

Darkamian, Feb 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Hi rsotol028

The default system font in Windows 10 is Segoe U

This is the list of Segoe UI fonts required in Windows

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"

"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"

"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"

"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"

"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

DaveM121, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

ComponentActual, Feb 2, 2019
  4. How to make segoe script my system font?

The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

I have an App that properly showed the font "segoe script" on Windows 10 on the following devices: Lumi950XL, Lumia 930 and PC.

The I did a facory reset on the Lumia 950 XL and now the font seems to be gone because the app does not show it anymore.

As far as I know "segoe script" is one of the build in Fonts in Windows since Vista. What is wrong here? I already flashed back to a former Firmware and updated again to the latest release without success. Which setting of the facory reset is responsible
    for this behaviour?

[moved from German forums]

Jeff__Smart, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

How to make segoe script my system font?

1. How to make segoe script my system font? - Similar Threads - segoe script system

2. system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings: Look at this screenshot/ when i type something in the example box its all garbled. also the preview box for the font int he previous screen under <fonts> is also garbled. the segmdl font is also garbled. How to fix this? cannot uninstall system font.font cache, font reset...
  3. Re-install Segoe MDL2 font?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-install Segoe MDL2 font?: A few weeks ago, I installed a .ttf or .otf - I can't remember of the redesign of Segoe MDL2 ripped from a Windows Insider Build Note: I have a regular release build of Win10, not an insider one. It seems that this has bugged my software into not showing image previews on my...
  4. I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...: While my system default font is Segoe UI, the names of the files on my desktop are in a different font that I changed the system default to. Everything except the desktop icon names are in Segoe UI now. I've changed the default font a couple times, and while the desktop file...
  5. Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font

Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font: Hey, I want to know how to download the Windows 7 Segoe UI fontfamily. I just want to know the download link here. Purpose is for: SevenTheme JB Carreon 177552
  6. How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?

How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?: I've seen lots of tutorials and stuff about changing the default font from Segoe UI to something else e.g. Calibri on Windows 10. However, I want to know how I can change the font back to Segoe UI, because my font glitched out and it has the square placeholder characters in...
  7. The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset: I have an App that properly showed the font "segoe script" on Windows 10 on the following devices: Lumi950XL, Lumia 930 and PC. The I did a facory reset on the Lumia 950 XL and now the font seems to be gone because the app does not show it anymore. As far as I know "segoe...
  8. Segoe UI Semibold font bug?

Segoe UI Semibold font bug?: Hi, I came across the following irregularity in the Segoe UI Semibold font: [ATTACH] Only in 11pt the dots in i and j are not at the same height. Has this been fixed? Is there a newer version of the font? Thanks!...
  9. Missing Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Segoe UI Font: I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back...
  10. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...