Windows 10: How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

Discus and support How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need to create a GPO making "Send to OneNote" as the default printer when no physical printer is setup or installed, like when logging-in to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BernardAtWork, Sep 27, 2018.

1. How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

Hi,

I need to create a GPO making "Send to OneNote" as the default printer when no physical printer is setup or installed, like when logging-in to a workstation for the first time.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

BernardAtWork

:)

BernardAtWork, Sep 27, 2018

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 27, 2018
  3. How do I stop MS from adding Send to OneNote as a printer?

Hi,

I suggest you to remove OneNote from the settings and check.

When the Send to OneNote 2010 print driver is marked as shown, print jobs will be sent to OneNote as images.

If you have a real printer installed, right-click its icon, and then click
    Set as Default Printer
    on the shortcut menu.

Your printer is recognized as the preferred printer for future print jobs when it has the check mark icon next to it.

How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 27, 2018
  4. carsonsw Win User

How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

onenote hijacked printer

Hey Don,

I believe this is the answer to your question:

Remove OneNote as the Default Printer

1. Click the “Start” button and then click “Printers and Devices.”

2. Click the arrow icon next to the “Printers and Faxes” label in the Devices and Printers window to display a complete list of all printer devices installed on the computer. Click and highlight the device name of the printer you want to use as the system default.

3. Right-click the printer device icon and then and click “Set as default printer” after the pop-up menu appears. Close the “Printers and Devices” window. Windows no longer uses the OneNote virtual printer as the default print device when printing from an application.
    If you want to print to the OneNote virtual printer device, you must select it in the “Print” dialog box when you print from Windows programs.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Carson

carsonsw, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

1. How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO - Similar Threads - Send OneNote default

2. How to use the Windows OneNote printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the Windows OneNote printer: I have a paper form that needs to be filled in. Instead of filling it in by handwriting, I want to fill it in on the PC using the OneNote virtual printer. Steps: *Go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers and choose OneNote for Windows 10 * Select a location *Fill in the form...
  3. How to use the Windows OneNote printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the Windows OneNote printer: I have a paper form that needs to be filled in. Instead of filling it in by handwriting, I want to fill it in on the PC using the OneNote virtual printer. Steps: *Go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers and choose OneNote for Windows 10 * Select a location *Fill in the form...
  4. How to use the Windows OneNote printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How does Windows deploy printers via GPO? What is GP actually doing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does Windows deploy printers via GPO? What is GP actually doing?: What does Windows actually do when it deploys printers via GPO? What is this process and how is it being done? Can we log this process to see where it might be failing? I've looked all over the internet for this and can't find a straight answer. There MUST be a way to...
  6. How does Windows deploy printers via GPO? What is GP actually doing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does Windows deploy printers via GPO? What is GP actually doing?: What does Windows actually do when it deploys printers via GPO? What is this process and how is it being done? Can we log this process to see where it might be failing? I've looked all over the internet for this and can't find a straight answer. There MUST be a way to...
  7. Default printer via GPO

Default printer via GPO: hey all , im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO can someone guide me how to do that ? 178471
  8. How to make the program "send or recive files via bluetooth" into a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the program "send or recive files via bluetooth" into a shortcut?: On my old computer, you didnt have to go to settings > bluetooth devices > send or recive bluetooth devices. It was an app that i could put on my task bar or desktop that would take me straight to the program. How do I do that on my other computer? submitted by...
  9. How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo?: How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-apps-by-file-type-on-the/15cbb2ba-d4c2-42af-8b27-d0f1ece56634
  10. OneNote taking over default printer

OneNote taking over default printer: I have a problem with onenote taking constantly taking over as the default printer. I have unchecked "Let windows manage my printers" but i still have to change my default printer several times a day. This is on Windows 10. Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable one note from taking over printer in registry setting for all users

2. windows 10 set default printer OneNote

3. disable onenote printer gpo

4. how to set onenote as default printer,
  5. disable printing to onenote gpo