Windows 10: How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?

Discus and support How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7, creating a shortcut of something via the right-click context menu would instantly focus or highlight the newly created shortcut, allowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phoenix169, Jan 4, 2017.

1. How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?

In Windows 7, creating a shortcut of something via the right-click context menu would instantly focus or highlight the newly created shortcut, allowing you to seamlessly press Ctrl+X to move it. Is there any way to replicate this behavior in Windows 10, perhaps through a registry edit?

:)

phoenix169, Jan 4, 2017

2. Remove old software

@Buddy4

It is never a bad thing to backup essential data with Nokia Suite and reset device to "Out of box" state as will free up phone memory and make device a lot faster; it also focuses your mind upon which applications you actually use from day to day rather
    than let accumulate.

aspergerguy, Jan 4, 2017
  3. passegua Win User
    Narrator useless?

Whenever I highlight a text on my window I can simply hit Ctrl+L and hear that text spoken aloud.

Wow! This is quite useful! But it works on my iMac, NOT on my brand new Windows 10!!!

Anyone could tell me how to accomplish this very simple task:

1) select a text

2) make it spoken by narrator voice

I've seen a loooong list of shortcut command, no one has: "read highlighted text"

Thanks.

passegua, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?

1. How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation? - Similar Threads - shortcuts focused highlighted

2. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. various highlight and priority issues with focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    various highlight and priority issues with focus: since a few days ago I am having a few very annoying issues. some of these only seem to happen when using "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" which is my default way. here is a list:-when in a application that covers my screen chrome, steam, discord ect. in full...
  6. How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious

How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious: In window7 The working window "Highlight" on the work bar is very obvious [img] But in win10 this is not very obvious [img] I can't use the first intuition to correctly select the target window in milliseconds to 1-2 seconds, in 4~8 working windows. Minimize the window...
  7. Recovery Drive failure upon creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive failure upon creation: This morning I formatted a new 16GB Verbatim usb drive. Proceeded to make recovery drive. About 90% finished and it stops with the message problem occurred creating recovery drive. Nothing else so don't know what happened. About the 90% mark a msg came up that Dell had...
  8. How to make shortcut to the Microsoft WindowsPhotos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make shortcut to the Microsoft WindowsPhotos?: I want to set "WindowsPhotos "App as a default editor thru another program How to make shortcut to the Microsoft WindowsPhotos? The folder is locked, once the EXE is located, the normal way of creating a shortcut does not work....
  9. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation: Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I...
  10. Make selection highlight darker/clearer

Make selection highlight darker/clearer: I'm pretty sure that file selections in Windows 7 were quite clear but in Windows 10 they're extremely faint and difficult to make out. The screenshot below shows that some files are selected; file 0008 is clearly selected but the files that follow are also selected but you...