Windows 10: How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a main user administrator account, I've created a different account for my friend, so they could use the PC when I'm away. They can't access the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SanchezRodriguez, Jan 28, 2021.

1. How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10?

I have a main user administrator account, I've created a different account for my friend, so they could use the PC when I'm away. They can't access the apps passwords, but they still see the apps and can delete them in ease and they'll be removed in my account too, as well as see other files that I add/modify using my main account.

I don't want them to see my apps and files. Is it possible to "assign" a certain amount of memory from the drive just for them, so they won't access anything in my side of the PC, using the same operating system?

Please, if it's not possible, at least give me an example of how to properly use Windows 10 accounts and manage users' privacy and memory.

:)

SanchezRodriguez, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10?

System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10?

1. How to make so that one admin user doesn't see the files of another admin on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - admin user doesn't

2. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  3. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  4. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to make my User an Admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make my User an Admin?: I have only one User ID and it is a guess account. That being said, I do not have Admin Rights and therefore cannot run stuff as an admin. I tried creating a new local account but can't due to the fact I am not an Admin. Is there a way to make my User ID to a Administrator...
  6. Is there a way to make my User an Admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make my User an Admin?: I have only one User ID and it is a guess account. That being said, I do not have Admin Rights and therefore cannot run stuff as an admin. I tried creating a new local account but can't due to the fact I am not an Admin. Is there a way to make my User ID to a Administrator...
  7. Is there a way to make my User an Admin?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to make someone admin in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make someone admin in windows 10?: I just have a local account but I can’t download things because I don’t have admin account. How do I make admin account because people say go to “Family & Friends” Settings but there isn’t anything called that. Windows 10 is frustrating. submitted by /u/i_dont_know_2000...
  9. How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]In a multi-user environment, it’s not surprising if other users ask the administrator of the computer to change their password. They could have forgotten, or the account is locked or anything else. In this post, we will share how, as [...] This post How can...
  10. how to make a admin account in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make a admin account in window 10: please describe it with using of cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-admin-account-in-window-10/08283d04-9102-4f32-87ac-2cd98ffd89a4