Windows 10: How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

Discus and support How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, this is a simple non-issue question, if you click the start menu it shows the folders of some apps e.g. showing a "Foxit Reader" folder which only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enotonom, Apr 13, 2020.

1. How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

Hi, this is a simple non-issue question, if you click the start menu it shows the folders of some apps e.g. showing a "Foxit Reader" folder which only contains one item, the Foxit Reader app. Some others like Qbittorrent folder show the Qbittorrent app and the Uninstall icon, which is really unnecessary because why would I need an uninstall option right in the start menu? Is there any way to customize how apps show in the start menu? Thanks!

submitted by /u/enotonom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enotonom, Apr 13, 2020
  2. atinfo Win User

Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

Hi,
    Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that folder [and hide from Start Menu App List, that I want to be hide in Start Menu App List] Cortana only shows my search result [for example, shows my portable app shortcut] but nothing work!!! when I click on portable app shortcut [that I put on that folder]. *Think

atinfo, Apr 13, 2020
  3. How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Yvonne Win User

How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

1. How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders? - Similar Threads - start menu show

2. Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11: I just purchased a new computer, preloaded with Win11. Now, I'm attempting to organize it. I know I should be able to make app folders in Start, just like I did in Win10.Everything I've read indicated that the version of Win11 that I have allows this option.When I try to drag...
  3. Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11: I just purchased a new computer, preloaded with Win11. Now, I'm attempting to organize it. I know I should be able to make app folders in Start, just like I did in Win10.Everything I've read indicated that the version of Win11 that I have allows this option.When I try to drag...
  4. How do I make the start menu search popup default to "Apps" instead of "All"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the start menu search popup default to "Apps" instead of "All"?: If I wanted to search the internet, I would have opened Chrome. How do I force this?? Win10 Pro build 19042.804 submitted by /u/brokedick6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lip8qi/how_do_i_make_the_start_menu_search_popup_default/
  5. How do i make apps in the start menu transparent

How do i make apps in the start menu transparent: So i've been trying to make the background of apps in the start menu transparent, so i could see my background even better. I enabled transparency effects already and searched the internet to find the solution but just can't find one. I would really appreciate it if anyone...
  6. windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu: windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-is-not-coming-instead-it-is/a084a89d-cb37-44f5-b25f-330871dc724f
  7. How to make the Apps list show up first instead of Tiles in Menu Full Screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the Apps list show up first instead of Tiles in Menu Full Screen mode: [ATTACH] I've seen suggested that turning "show app list in start menu" would do so, but I want the APPS list to show up FIRST instead of TILE. I HATE Tiles, have an option to disable or choose an order of priority!...
  8. Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name: I just recently enabled virtualization on my Windows 10 so I could use BlueStacks, and ever since then none of my Microsoft apps work. For example, whenever I try to run Word Document, Microsoft Office starts running, and it says “Updating Office, please wait a moment.”...
  9. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

How to make screenshot of the start menu?: I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot. However, after the...
  10. How to make menu folders in All apps section?

How to make menu folders in All apps section?: How does one make more folders like screenshot of All apps? The folders are leftover from 8.1 [img] 12362