Windows 10: How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded a program last night and once it was in my download folder my PC was freezing and Microsoft Defender was saying my PC had a virus. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zolo89, May 9, 2022.

1. /u/Zolo89 Win User

How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10?

Hi,

I downloaded a program last night and once it was in my download folder my PC was freezing and Microsoft Defender was saying my PC had a virus. I was able to delete the file. Today I noticed that my PC was going a little to quite a bit slow. Is there a way I can make sure I've permanently deleted the virus? Also the file wasn't a pirated app because the majority of the apps I use are either open source or freeware and I never pirate apps. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Zolo89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zolo89, May 9, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 9, 2022
  3. (Simple Guide) How to permanently delete Steam games/ How to restore previously deleted Steam games

Good suggestion, added to the OP. I may play around with the layout so it's clearer. As for duration, I'm not entirely sure. I know that my Crysis games were removed for at least a year and had no problems restoring them.

EDIT - There you go, should be a lot clearer now *Smile How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10? :)

...PACMAN..., May 9, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - sure permanently deleted

2. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent: I download music files and when I open the folder I store them in I want to be able to see the size, type and bit rate without me having to set that on every folder I have. Is there some way to make those things show automatically?...
  3. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...: How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it can never be installed on my Windows 10 Home PC?Ruth 1953 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-get-rid-of-the-windows/c14bd873-3163-4780-b83d-2fa82f9afa88
  4. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...: How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it can never be installed on my Windows 10 Home PC?Ruth 1953 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-get-rid-of-the-windows/c14bd873-3163-4780-b83d-2fa82f9afa88
  5. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to permanently delete apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently delete apps?: For some reason things like Candy crush and skype keep getting installed on my pc. Is there a way to prevent this? submitted by /u/Dtdman420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htoutz/how_to_permanently_delete_apps/
  7. How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?: 1-today i removed my third party firewall and anti virus cuz many told me defender and windows firewall are better, do u agree with this? 2-defender is not in the tray so does this mean it's not working real-time? 3-how to make sure defender and firewall are working well?...
  8. NVIDIA - how do I delete permanently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA - how do I delete permanently?: I have tried so many ways of deleting NVIDIA from my computer. I don't need or want it. But every single time it keeps installing itself a day or so later. Please, how can I delete if off my computer once and for all?...
  9. Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application): I've been having some weird gaming-related bugs, and the solution I'm working with right now is to reinstall steam and, for good measure, geforce experience because it seems to have broken itself around the same time as my other problems (although, to be fair, I haven't...
  10. how do i Delete tablet mode permanently in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i Delete tablet mode permanently in windows 10: so the problem is even when i set on pc mode and set dont ask dont change it still changes my laptop to tablet mode but my laptop dus not have touchscreen and it is really biginneng to bug me so please tel me how to permanently delete tablet mode from my laptop (btw sorry...