Windows 10: How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?

Discus and support How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1-today i removed my third party firewall and anti virus cuz many told me defender and windows firewall are better, do u agree with this? 2-defender is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raafatrofa, Mar 13, 2020.

1. How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?

1-today i removed my third party firewall and anti virus cuz many told me defender and windows firewall are better, do u agree with this?
    2-defender is not in the tray so does this mean it's not working real-time?
    3-how to make sure defender and firewall are working well?

* Moved from Windows 8.1/Security

[Original Title: windows defender]

:)

Raafatrofa, Mar 13, 2020

2. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 13, 2020
  4. How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working?

1. How to Make sure Windows Defender is Working? - Similar Threads - sure Defender Working

2. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  3. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  4. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  5. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  6. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly": [ATTACH]So I have had this problem for forever, Ive Updated to the latest software, Updated my drivers, and even looked through community tabs similar to this one. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Windows home .. Enterprise?!?! How to make sure it's not malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows home .. Enterprise?!?! How to make sure it's not malware: Reinstalled Windows many times, offline, online.. It's Windows home with digital license but running like owned by enterprise or something with strange hidden devices in device manager and strange services .. Even with my disk wiped, boot deleted, only ubuntu boot with ubuntu...
  9. Problem with Security Settings not sure Windows Defender is working at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Security Settings not sure Windows Defender is working at all: Hi. I was trying to manually scan an .exe file yesterday and couldn't find the Windows Defender scan-option when right clicking.. this prompted me to go into Windows Security and here I found out Real-time protection to be turned off and grayed out. Things did not behave...
  10. How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to: I noticed recently that my computer started doing this strange thing with the notifications ever since I reinstalled a program I had on my laptop called qBittorrent where it would never notify me for specific things that happen such as a torrent or a file on Chrome finished...