Windows 10: How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded?

Discus and support How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11.So I have the clock widget on the right of my taskbar - shows the time and date. But when I click it, it expands/open to show the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhilUp, May 25, 2022.

1. PhilUp Win User

How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded?

Windows 11.So I have the clock widget on the right of my taskbar - shows the time and date. But when I click it, it expands/open to show the current month in a calendar format, and displays the date at the top - but not the time.As I have poor eyesight, and find the small text in the taskbar itself difficult to read, I would really appreciate the expanded widget showing the time as well. My old Windows 10 clock used to, and I found it very helpful.Can the Windows 11 clock be made to do this? I've tried searching online but can't find and answer.thanks

:)

PhilUp, May 25, 2022
  2. PamH2 Win User

taskbar clock/calendar will not expand

Win 10 taskbar clock/calendar will not expand when clicked upon - how to repair function?

PamH2, May 25, 2022
  3. stuartray Win User
    Clock not showing in taskbar.

Hi,

I installed the free upgrade to windows 10 on my win 8.1 PC. However the taskbar is not functioning correctly. The pinned icons are about an inch or more apart and if the taskbar is a single line only edge show. And now only the edge icon is showing. The
    clock is present because the area for it is there, but nothing is displayed in thee notification area. the date and time appear in the tip when I hover my mouse over the date and time notification area and when I click on that area the calendar and time app
    shows up. but nothing is showing in the clock notification area.

Thanks for your help.

stuartray, May 25, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded? - Similar Threads - taskbar clock show

2. How to make taskbar show time on hover? or other alternatives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make taskbar show time on hover? or other alternatives: Hello, so basically I have a translucent taskbar using a third-party app for aesthetic purposes. I also have 'hide taskbar automatically' settings on. Both of these combinations have caused an issue where it becomes hard to see the clock when the background is white see...
  3. How to make taskbar show time on hover? or other alternatives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make taskbar show time on hover? or other alternatives: Hello, so basically I have a translucent taskbar using a third-party app for aesthetic purposes. I also have 'hide taskbar automatically' settings on. Both of these combinations have caused an issue where it becomes hard to see the clock when the background is white see...
  4. How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make taskbar clock show the time when open/expanded?: Windows 11.So I have the clock widget on the right of my taskbar - shows the time and date. But when I click it, it expands/open to show the current month in a calendar format, and displays the date at the top - but not the time.As I have poor eyesight, and find the small...
  5. Windows taskbar clock is NOT showing calendar when clicked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar clock is NOT showing calendar when clicked.: After recent windows upgrade - windows 10 Pro- V: 20H2 and OSBuild: 19042.867, I am not able to click on taskbar clock and see the calendar popup. [ATTACH] This issue has started on 2 of my windows systems. Already tried all the solutions shared in 2017 and 2018....
  6. Calendar no longer showing when clicking on the taskbar clock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar no longer showing when clicking on the taskbar clock: After updating a few days ago the calendar no longer appears when clicking on the taskbar clock. Nothing happens at all. I tried toggling the clock icon on and off in the taskbar settings, but that didn't work. Any ideas for how to fix it? That calendar popup was very...
  7. How can I make the time clock larger on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make the time clock larger on taskbar?: how do i make clock on task bar larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-time-clock-larger-on-taskbar/075be6a1-177a-445a-8514-525a437f6216
  8. How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds: I have completed this small change and it works perfect. Did not take more than a couple of minutes. I find seconds extremely useful for certain time-check tasks and generally useful to have. A minute is a long time in the computer world. Follow the clear and easy...
  9. Only show clock in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Only show clock in taskbar: New PC installed last week running win10 , previous machine also running win 10 , i had just the clock showing in taskbar (along with speaker & network icons) . New PC will not let me just select clock icon, it insists on having date as well. I have minimised icons and...
  10. Taskbar clock time frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock time frozen: This morning, the clock on my system tray stopped updating itself about an hour after I turned on the computer. It is plugged in and has been plugged in for days on end without being carried around the house. If I go into the control panel and look at date/time, the time is...