Windows 10: How to make taskbar icons extra small?

Discus and support How to make taskbar icons extra small? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to squeeze even more icons on my taskbar and make it even smaller then now. (See pic)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adamhruby, Oct 25, 2020.

1. How to make taskbar icons extra small?

How to make taskbar icons extra small? OQrIclqGE3ysATTDusyGCET94JuaqwS3yMTjMan1eTU.jpg

I want to squeeze even more icons on my taskbar and make it even smaller then now. (See pic)

https://preview.redd.it/ifpcqhm3xav...bp&s=31a20485fa25c8ba62f1aadb279c7f9db7efbe36

I am using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to be able to resize the width of taskbar below the windows minimum. But I would love to have even smaller icons, like Systray and less space even.

Any ideas? (Regedit? Tweak Apps?)

Thank you!

submitted by /u/adamhruby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adamhruby, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

How to make taskbar icons extra small? e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Oct 25, 2020
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How to make taskbar icons extra small?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to make taskbar icons extra small?

1. How to make taskbar icons extra small? - Similar Threads - taskbar icons extra

2. Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11: Hello,I've already tried to go into Regedit, all the way to Explorer and Dword 32 bit and 0 or 1. However, after I Restart my laptop, the taskbar icons still appears large. What is going on.The problem started when I was trying to fix another issue Which still isn't fixed,...
  3. Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11: Hello,I've already tried to go into Regedit, all the way to Explorer and Dword 32 bit and 0 or 1. However, after I Restart my laptop, the taskbar icons still appears large. What is going on.The problem started when I was trying to fix another issue Which still isn't fixed,...
  4. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  5. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  6. Make taskbar small

Make taskbar small: Since installing KB5023706 my taskbar has gone big. I have checked the reg, and the TaskbarSi is set to 0, but taskbar stays big. Only way to make it small is to uninstall update.Any help appreciated....
  7. Make taskbar small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make taskbar small: Since installing KB5023706 my taskbar has gone big. I have checked the reg, and the TaskbarSi is set to 0, but taskbar stays big. Only way to make it small is to uninstall update.Any help appreciated....
  8. Taskbar icons too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  9. extra large photo icons too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra large photo icons too small: Hello. The "extra large" photo icons used to be quite large....now, they are barely larger than the "large" photo icon size. I have read multiple blogs/discussions about this issue, but have not seen any resolutions. Does anyone know how to make the extra large icons...
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...